North Carolina Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

random thoughts post

i've never heard of the American Samoas until today.

Re: random thoughts post

• I wish stupid coworker would stop asking me when I'm having kids and trying to convince me to have one soon. And I wish she'd stop sending me stupid email forwards at work. Yes, you may think that 9/11 was a conspiracy and that some random chain email proves that, but I really don't want to be bothered with it. 
  • Why is "W" called Double U, but double V?
  • image SpeedGlenn:
    Why is "W" called Double U, but double V?

It's actually "double v" in french. Does that help? Stick out tongue I've always wondered that myself.

• I really don't want to buy alot of Halloween candy as last year we did not get one trick or treater and I wound up eating way too much candy.  Maybe I will just get one bag of something I don't like so the temptation won't be there as much.  Huh?
  • I was never confident enough to use the weed whacker until today.  That thing is lethal!
    [IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/or4gtc.jpg[/IMG]
  • image KatieBride06:

I actually did a project on it in college.  I had never heard of it before then. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wonder why people use words incorrectly. I know I have done it once or twice, but when you throw it around the way our neighbor did - it just makes me judge her based on the usage.
  • One of my CWs/friends just became a dad this morning. I'm really happy for them. I picked up their dog & cleaned their litterbox for them at lunch.

I'll buy the office baby gift, but there's no way I'm dropping off at the hospital today unless they say it's ok; I don't care what the secretary or anyone else insists. New mom & dad's word is what goes as far as I'm concerned.

• Is there some cool factor I'm missing when it comes to turn signals?  Why don't people use them?  I'm not talking about changing lanes in the interstate, but completely stopping to turn onto a side road with no warning.  Is it somehow uncool or inconvenient to use them?

Same goes for turning on your headlights.  Why do people wait until it's pitch black outside to turn them on?  Or why can't they turn them on in the rain?  Is my 03 Ford so ahead of it's time in that I only have to turn a knob to make it happen?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I really need to do some laundry, but I'm too lazy to walk upstairs, get it, walk down to the basement and put it in.  But, if I want clean pants to wear to work tomorrow, I'm going to have to suck it up.
  • I saw this on one of the other boards and it made me chuckle.

• I was just at Target and saw different colored jeans (red, green, etc.). Just in time for halloween, people can dress up like an 80's kid!  Hilarious!
  • For some reason, I can't get the idea of baking homemade bread out of my mind. Specifically, a rosemary-herb bread recipe I saw.
  • image KatieBride06:

These are girl scout cookies, right?  ;)

• image terpbrideinnc:
    I was just at Target and saw different colored jeans (red, green, etc.). Just in time for halloween, people can dress up like an 80's kid!  Hilarious!

Seriously! We may as well just keep everything we ever wore since it will be back it style in another 20 years.

[URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/5/5nvl7wmky.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • image terpbrideinnc:
    For some reason, I can't get the idea of baking homemade bread out of my mind. Specifically, a rosemary-herb bread recipe I saw.

Must be the Baking Bug!  I want to make something with pumpkin so bad!  Bread, doughnuts, pie!! Anything.

• s/o of the baking bread ideas- i keep wanting to use my crockpot.  we made pork bbq last weekend and i really want some white chicken chili soon!  tis the season i suppose!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • image Mrs.KatieGnowC:
    s/o of the baking bread ideas- i keep wanting to use my crockpot.  we made pork bbq last weekend and i really want some white chicken chili soon!  tis the season i suppose!
    i just put some asian PB pork in at lunch!
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • I just ate more avocado than I thought was humanly possible. I feel so... avocado-y.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image mrsmikey:

Is there some cool factor I'm missing when it comes to turn signals?  Why don't people use them?  I'm not talking about changing lanes in the interstate, but completely stopping to turn onto a side road with no warning.  Is it somehow uncool or inconvenient to use them?

Same goes for turning on your headlights.  Why do people wait until it's pitch black outside to turn them on?  Or why can't they turn them on in the rain?  Is my 03 Ford so ahead of it's time in that I only have to turn a knob to make it happen?

Are you in my head??  It's especially convenient to not use a turn signal as they cross lanes of traffic to make a turn--from the left turn lane, all the way across to make a right turn.  Very nice.  Convenient and safe for all. 

• we're having asian potstickers for the first time tonight. i sampled them at Costco and bought it. i have no idea what you're supposed to serve with it though. i was thinking stir-fry veggies and teryaki spaghetti noodles.
  • My stomach has been irritating me since Sunday.  It could be because of my crazy weekend, but I'll never tell.  Devil
    TTC since Jan. 07
    6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
    Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2z8nwk3.jpg[/IMG]
    Our baby girl is here!
  • image KatieBride06:
    we're having asian potstickers for the first time tonight. i sampled them at Costco and bought it. i have no idea what you're supposed to serve with it though. i was thinking stir-fry veggies and teryaki spaghetti noodles.

We always get those form Costco. They're yummy!

• image KatieBride06:
    we're having asian potstickers for the first time tonight. i sampled them at Costco and bought it. i have no idea what you're supposed to serve with it though. i was thinking stir-fry veggies and teryaki spaghetti noodles.

Pioneer Woman just had a recipe for easy sesame noodles.  Here's the link if you don't know how to make them already: 

• i'm tired of blowing my nose.
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • i just went and got a 'crappacino' from the gas station, and it's actually not half bad!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Ugh, I was going to treat myself to a sonic limeade during happy hour, but I was cleaning and didnt note the clock.  Happy hour is over :(  Oh well, will try again tomorrow!
  • I can't put on warm clothes.  I can't put something on right out of the dryer, and if I iron something, I have to wait for it to cool down before I put it on.