Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Pregnancy dreams.......

Well, DH and I have been married 4 1/2 months and we initially planned on starting a family next year ( 1 yr Ann.). But lately I've been having dreams (5 nights) in a row about me pregnant or breastfeeding after having a baby and then it gets weird. DH has mentioned TTC recently too! I reminded him of the plan. But it's like my extended family and friends have been questioning me and now ...............I'M CONFUSED. I forgot to add that I'm 34 and is reminded that all the time about my CLOCK. Please help this confused newlywed..

Re: Pregnancy dreams.......

• I got married in Oct and we said we would wait a year to start TCC.  We talked about kids a lot on the honeymoon and after and decided to go off bc in Dec (just 2 months after the wedding).  Well, 9 months later and still TCC.  I'm glad we went ahead and got of bc when we did.  I say if you are both on the same page and you are ready, call your doc and set an appointment to get the go ahead to start trying.

What ever you do, don't let your friends and family pressure you into this!  We haven't even told our family that we are trying because I think it is easier to blow it off like we aren't trying then to explain every month that we aren't pregnant yet. GL!

Heather + Matt 10.18.08
    James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12
  • Thank You. That sounds good. It's not about anyone else but God and US!
  • Go for it!  Why wait for some timeframe if you are 34 & antsy?
    [IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/ajlbbc.jpg[/IMG]
  • Really, only you guys can make that decision. Our story is that we got married in July and got pg in Dec. We went off bc in Sept, but we weren't really trying or anything. We thought it would take a while, and we knew we were moving to Japan in March, so we thought we'd wait until after then to try. Happened a little sooner than we thought it would :) but it's ok. Our Mallory was born 8/21 and I love her to pieces. I would suggest that if you both feel ready, go for it. There is no real "timeline" for life and you never know what tomorrow will bring- so if you are both ready and committed- go for it!
  • Thank You All.........This site is the best.
  • dH and i are young, 20 and 21, but i have arthritis, so my body is ticking... anyway, we've been mrried almost 6 mths now and we both got bby fever. we said wed wait about 4 or 5 yrs... but we discussed it and we want one bad. we just hadnt told each other. so last mth i stopped BCP and went for my annual Ob appt and told him. we're not going to chart or anything hard core, but we're not going to prevent. i'd say... talk to DH and decide what is best for u guys. it helped us to write pros and cons. GL!