Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Murder mystery dinner??

Has anyone hosted one or been to one in the area?? Just looking for ideas and recommendations! Thanks!
TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Murder mystery dinner??

• I sent my parents to one several years back - it was at the Stockyards, I believe.  They actually weren't too keen on it, but I think that was just their personalities at the time - my mom is more on the reserved side among strangers.  I think I just googled it at the time to find the info.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I hosted one for DH's birthday a few years ago. I googled ones you can host at home. I think I have the website at the work, so if you want it, let me know and I can post it tomorrow.

It was a LOT of fun. The important thing if you are hosting an interactive one is to make sure the people participating are really going to get into it. I got lucky and all of our friends really went all dressing up and playing their roles.

I'd love to do one again. Lots of fun.

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/2rqynow.jpg[/IMG]

Proud Doxie Mommy

Cooking Blog Family Blog TTC Blog

TTC since Sept. 2009

HSG 9/10 = all clear

AMH and internal sono 3/11 = normal

SA 4/11 = normal

next steps = plan to start treatments mid-2012

BFP 3/13 after two and half years
  • The Gaylord in Grapevine does it every Friday (?) night in a private room at the Riverwalk Cafe.  I think it's about $55 pp + alcohol.  There is another company that does it at a restaurant in Dallas.  Every now and then they do it at the Science Museum in Dallas.  I think that would be a fun place to have it.
    Heather + Matt 10.18.08
    James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12
  • Several friends of mine have worked for Keith and Margo's Murder Mystery theater.  I've actually never been, but I've heard it's really fun
    image my read shelf:
    Shannon (shananagins) Jones's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That's funny.  I just got an e-mail about 42% off for the Keith and Margo's show today.  I can fwd it to you if you like.

• FI took me to one at the Old Bedford School for our first "real" date.  It was a lot of fun and something we really enjoyed.  I've also been to one at a friends house for a Halloween Party before and they did a really good job....of course we found out our characters two weeks in advance so we could dress up as them. 
  • Thanks for all the rec's!

image missywong:

That's funny.  I just got an e-mail about 42% off for the Keith and Margo's show today.  I can fwd it to you if you like.

definately send it to me! Thank you!

[email protected]

TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image maybebride:

I hosted one for DH's birthday a few years ago. I googled ones you can host at home. I think I have the website at the work, so if you want it, let me know and I can post it tomorrow.

It was a LOT of fun. The important thing if you are hosting an interactive one is to make sure the people participating are really going to get into it. I got lucky and all of our friends really went all dressing up and playing their roles.

I'd love to do one again. Lots of fun.

Please post the website! Thank you! I'm glad to know that you have done one and it turned out good. This is what we were thinking of doing so that is helpful. How many people did you have?

• image dondraandluis:

Thanks for all the rec's!

image missywong:

That's funny.  I just got an e-mail about 42% off for the Keith and Margo's show today.  I can fwd it to you if you like.

definately send it to me! Thank you!

[email protected]

YGM!  Whatever you pick, let us know how it turns out!