Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

When DH says "Don't be too surprised when you get home..."

Isn't there some sort of expectation that there will be something worthy of note??

I get home after being OOT for 3 days and other than a few things being moved around in the garage the house is exactly how I left it. EXACTLY. Laundry in the same place, dishes in the sink, counters not wiped off, nothing vacuumed. No awesome gifts for me. ;)

DH says "look at the kitchen, floors, laundry" and I am thoroughly confused.

There is a raspberry left over from H's breakfast on Wednesday AM before we left, STILL sitting on the counter.

I didn't expect anything to be cleaned while I was gone, but I'm trying to figure out what DH thinks he did!! Maybe he just wants credit for the house not being trashed??

Re: When DH says "Don't be too surprised when you get home..."

• His follow-up text (after I didn't answer his "floors, etc" text): Nothing at all? I woke up at 5 this morning and cleaned so it would decent when you got back.

Um yeah. He's up by that time every day, regardless. And I still can't figure out what he thinks he did. But I did tell him it looks very nice. Because it does. Just like when I left. ;)

• hehehe. too funny :)

I'd have thought there would be a present too :)

~Little Dude's Blog~

~Little Dude's Lil is on the way~

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttfaea1.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I thought you were going to follow up the title with:

don't be too surprised when you don't see your car because I sold it again.

Stick out tongue

[IMG]http://tinyurl.com/7trsf2k[/IMG]
    merry everything!
  • image ssinca:

I thought you were going to follow up the title with:

Stick out tongue

I thought he had done something similarly!

Married and it feels so good! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Some translations in our house

"I straighted up" = "I threw all of Abby's toys the toybox" You know, instead of putting the plastic muffins back in their tin, the blocks back in the sorter or the food back in their basket. Nope, everything in one big box. Where she won't play with them because they make no sense.

"I did the laundry" = "I took the clothes you started from the washer and put them in the dryer, where they've sat getting wrinkled for the last 12 hours"

"I cleaned the kitchen" = "I unloaded the dishwasher" or "I loaded the dishwasher except anything I was unsure of or needed handwashing. Those are still in the sink"

"Abby and I went outside today" = "We went outside for 15 minutes. The rest of the day I let her watch the same Spongebob epside on repeat while I played Halo 3"

Need I go on?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • image ssinca:

Stick out tongue

I thought you were going to come home to a new car! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image cia:
    image ssinca:

Stick out tongue

I thought you were going to come home to a new car! 

I wondered about that too, since I had taken his car (Prius) to Dallas. THat wouldn't have been too bad though, because we actually want to sell the Infiniti for another Prius. A newer, fancier Prius. For ME to drive.

Alas, no.

• lol.. it's funny how guys are clueless.  I come back from a 4 day work trip to see that nothing has changed, including the empty cooler in the hallway that I hadn't had a chance to put away.  Well at least he tried? :P