Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Skinny B!tch

It's a book.......has anyone read it?? The authors were on Ellen recently so I purchase the book on Amazon. I've been reading up on all the crap I'm putting my body. I'm hoping this will help me transistion into a healthier lifestyle before we have kiddos.  Just wanted to get everyone else's thoughts on the book if you've read it.

Re: Skinny B!tch

• Eek. I read it, and honestly, was pretty insulted by it. I'm all for the "my body is a temple" approach, but I really felt like the authors took it too far, and made me feel like a terrible, horrible, stupid person for not being vegan. I've been open to going vegetarian in the past, but honestly, the book left a really bad taste in my mouth (no pun intended). If you want my copy, let me know. I'm never picking it up again.

If you're looking for something that makes you look a little more critically at what you're eating and the impact it has on your body, I've liked Dr. Mehmet Oz's books - I have the diet one and the body handbook one. He's the guy that's on Oprah occasionally, and has done some shows on Discovery Health that follow the tone of the books. All very easy to understand, interesting content, and I felt like I learned a lot.

• Oooooh that sounds interesting. haven't heard of the book before. I'm trying to lean toward a more vegetarian  diet but haven't been having the best success...maybe this will do it?
  • I 2nd the Dr. Oz books! I have the first one if you want to borrow it Keri.
    [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/os71qf.jpg[/IMG]

The Blog
  • image karen2508:

Eek. I read it, and honestly, was pretty insulted by it. I'm all for the "my body is a temple" approach, but I really felt like the authors took it too far, and made me feel like a terrible, horrible, stupid person for not being vegan. I've been open to going vegetarian in the past, but honestly, the book left a really bad taste in my mouth (no pun intended). If you want my copy, let me know. I'm never picking it up again.

Yeah, they do seem a little harsh at times. I guess I'm trying to get the facts and not worrying about the fact that I do eat meat. 

• I have the book and I agree that they can be harsh and in some ways talking to the reader like we're a bunch of idiots but they do make some good points. 

I've always been an animal lover and always toyed with the idea of becoming a vegetarian.  This book was the final push I needed to become vegetarian.  Only thing is though, I did not go completely vegan which is the ultimate goal of the book.  DH was a bit concerned that I wouldn't get all the nutrients meat contains so he asked me to not go completely vegan just yet. 

I also went ahead and bought the skinny *** in the kitch book which has some vegan recipes.  I have yet to really use it. 

• image ditzydi_2000:

I also went ahead and bought the skinny *** in the kitch book which has some vegan recipes.  I have yet to really use it. 

I bought the recipe book too but the recipes look a little intimidating.