Colorado Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What do you know about Copper Mountain?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm going there for a conference this summer and need to stay for 3 nights. I called their reservations, and unless I want to sleep on a sleeper sofa (I don't) a 1-bedroom condo is $135 a night. Not terrible but I'd like to save some $ if possible. What towns are nearby that would be convenient to stay in? Is parking in Copper convenient to get to the central village? Any tips or advice? It seems like I could save about $50 a night by staying at a Best Western or Holiday Inn or someplace like that in Frisco, Dillon, or Silverthorne. Would that be too far? TIA!

Re: What do you know about Copper Mountain?

• are you paying out of pocket?  You can stay in Frisco - it's probably only 15 min to Copper.  We don't park there in summer - usually just during ski season and they have a ton of shuttles, but I would think they have lots (but not sure if you have to pay).  Depending on when the conference you can ask them to drop the rate - I just did that in Breck and got $40 off per night.
  • Last summer we stayed in the Holiday Inn in Frisco.  It's right off the HWY and would take you 10 or so minutes to hop over to Copper (maybe less). 

The rates were good, it was clean and they allowed dogs.

• Thanks so much for the tips!  I just booked the Ramada in Frisco and it was $51 less per night than staying in Copper.  The school is only paying for the entrance fee to the conference (which includes lunches), and I have to pay for hotel and any other food, so I figure every dollar I can save will be worth it.  Plus, it'll cost a fortune in gas to get there!