Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

recommend your OB/General DR/and Pediatrician

If you're bored, do you mind recommending your dr's? And tell me why you like them? TIA

I got pregnant with PCOS after many years of IF! Thank you Lord! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
m/c 11/2/09
*in da bag so far: D90|nikon 18-200|50mm f/1.8|sb700*

Re: recommend your OB/General DR/and Pediatrician

• I don't know if you've seen it mentioned, but there's a different/independent board for moms/pregnant women/folks trying for pregnancy that got started from here. All the baby talk was clogging up the board.

The admin. of the board just had her daughter so, unfortunately for you, it's temp. closed to new members.  When she's able to spend more time on the board stuff, you should join. 

I know you'll get good recs here, but that board would provide you with more/broader info.

Now, too answer your question, I see Dr. Jill Bultje who is all of the above for us.  She's a Family Practicioner so she's my general doc, as well as pregnancy and delivery and then Ped.  She's with Advantage Health on the E. Beltline.  I like her a whole bunch.

http://advantagehealth.org/physicians_locations/locations/search-results/physician/20

Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • I too see Dr. Bultje and love her. I didn't meet her until I was pregnant, which was nerve wracking. Within 10 seconds of meeting her I knew I made the right decision. She is also Allison's ped.

Because I had to have a c-section, I will have to switch to a regular OB/GYN in  few weeks to finish off my pregnancy which I am bummed about.

• my ob is dr grey at mi obgyn- i love her! she is very calm and very understanding takes her time with you .....

my general dr is nisha mikenzie ar family care center on east beltline. i have known her since my husband worked there so she is a friend as well..

and my pediatrician is dr howard at forest hills pedis... she is amazing. she is one of my clients so i know her pretty well. she is just soo nice and careing and totally knows her stuff.

• FOr general I see Dr Buckler at Advantage Health on Beltline. (The same clinic as Dr Bultje) ?He is family med w/ob. ?I don't have any kids of my own, but I am a nanny. . . I ?rec. Dr Howard at Forest Hills Peds. ?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image GRsweetpea:

I don't know if you've seen it mentioned, but there's a different/independent board for moms/pregnant women/folks trying for pregnancy that got started from here. All the baby talk was clogging up the board.

The admin. of the board just had her daughter so, unfortunately for you, it's temp. closed to new members.  When she's able to spend more time on the board stuff, you should join. 

I know you'll get good recs here, but that board would provide you with more/broader info.

Now, too answer your question, I see Dr. Jill Bultje who is all of the above for us.  She's a Family Practicioner so she's my general doc, as well as pregnancy and delivery and then Ped.  She's with Advantage Health on the E. Beltline.  I like her a whole bunch.

http://advantagehealth.org/physicians_locations/locations/search-results/physician/20

Correction.  The board is now open to new members. Rah, you should join. Here is the link:

www.grbaby.freeforums.org  

I see Dr. Michelle Klyn at Spectrum Healthy Primary Care Partners and I absolutely adore her.  She is the best OB in town IMO!! 

• yes, thank you. I knew about the board and the last time I checked it was closed. so i shall check again. thanks for the update.

i hope my question didn't annoy you guys. i guess i didn't think of it being specific to baby/pregnancy stuff but rather a general question of dr's in the area. i just prefer references from people rather than blindly going to a new dr. thanks again.

I got pregnant with PCOS after many years of IF! Thank you Lord! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    m/c 11/2/09
    *in da bag so far: D90|nikon 18-200|50mm f/1.8|sb700*
  • I don't have kids but I go to a Family Physician. I see Dr. Amy Hollen at Partners in Family Health in Hudsonville. I started going to her about 5 years ago. I was sick of seeing doctors who didn't really listen to what I was saying. Dr. Amy is always willing to have open and honest conversations no matter how uncomfortable or difficult the situation may seem. I've found that all of the doctor's at PFH are that way.

Ben & Shana - August 27, 2005
  • I see Dr. Sharla Ulstad at SE OB/GYN at Cascade and East Paris (in the same practice as Em's Dr. Klyn).

The whole practice is wonderful--I've met all the OBs there now and really liked all of them. Very patient, friendly, personable, easy to talk to... not harsh or rushed or super-late.  

I've been seen there since August (for my annual) and as an OB patient since November and recommend it anytime someone asks.

My general doc is Dr. Edwin Kornoelje at MetroHealth on Cascade. He's awesome. I started seeing him for a sports injury and liked him so much I switched to his practice for all my general health issues.

• Don't worry, your question didn't annoy anyone.  Any and all questions are welcome here.

My doctor, who was at the Advantage Health East Beltline office, left town about six months ago.  Based in part on the recommendations from ladies on this board, I switched to Dr. Bultje at that same office.  I've only seen her once so far, but I loved her.  Never have I felt so comfortable in a doctors office.  She's a great lady.

• Your post was absolutely appropriate and not annoying (at all).

Just wanted to point you to another source of info.

Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • What area are you looking for?  I live in the Middleville area, and I see Dr. Laura Daugherty.  She is awesome.  She answers all of your questions and stuff like what you are doing for your vacation, she just makes you feel very comfortable.
  • I also see Dr. Bultje for everything... OB, Family Practitioner, and she see's my daughter.  LOVE her!!!!
  • Like Blondie (and a couple other nesties, actually) I see Dr. Klyn for my yearly appointments. I've heard great things about the other Drs. at that practice, as well.?
  • I go to West Mich OBGYN- they have offices downtown (attached to downtown (Butterworth) SPectrum and in Grandville.  I see Dr. Melinda Johnson--I LOVE her, since I'm not originally from this area I went on rec's for OB/GYN and peds and I could not be happier with having her as my doctor.  The office is big, but I had positive experiences with all of the doctors their that I had (one for my emergency c-section and one for an unscheduled visit, I saw Dr. Johnson 90% of the time if not more). 

Pediatrician--we go to Dr. Stephen McMahon of MMPC pediatrics, they just moved to off of M-6.  I LOVE him also, he is so personable and really makes it easy to ask him every and anything and Jacob really likes him too :).  I hightly recommend both of these docs.

I have yet to find a general doctor I like, so I'm no help there!

• Dr. Sara Elmouchi- Cascade Pediatrics:

Dr. Sara is a very down to earth, friendly woman. She doesn't rush through your appointment, she does a thorough job. She makes sure you leave the office with all your questions answered (regardless of the time) and answers your questions well. She makes sure you understand what she's talking about. She is very knowledgeable. I was impressed that she knew about cleft lip/palate because most doctors don't have the faintest clue about it. She does her homework! Dr. Sara ALWAYS remembers my son and all of his health history, so I don't have to repeat myself over and over. That really makes me feel like she cares a lot about my son. She also loves updates on procedures he goes through so she can learn more about him. Office staff are VERY friendly and I don't have to wait too long to get in.

I would not recommend my OB, so i'm kinda watching for the responses on that one.

• I see Dr. Wolfe who is at the same office as Dr. Klyn on East Paris.  A lot of girls from the other board go there and love the practice.  For a general practitioner I used to see Dr. Bunting who was at the same practice at Bultje, but she has moved.  I saw the woman there who took her place and HATED her.  I am going to see Bultje next time I need general care my OB can't help me with-good luck!
  • I like Jill Bultje too, I have worked with her before - she's really fun and silly.

I work for Andola Mathis at Advantage Health Southwest now and she is absolutely wonderful - not just to work for, but she is also my OB/GYN! And she just delivered my baby brother (to my dad and his wife) this past weekend!

She is great because she will spend as much time with you as you need, she will answer all of your questions, and she with explain everything completely.

She sees patients at Advantage Health OB/GYN downtown on Mondays and Wednesdays, and at Advantage Health Southwest (where I am her nurse) on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Anniversary "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him." I Samuel 1:27 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use all MMPC doctors...

Family Doc is Dr Sal *** - love him!

OB is Katherine Knudson - she's alright, but I really liked Dr Federico and Lalley and Leary from the same office

Pedi is Donna Harold - she is the best!  Young, but very nice

• I used West Michigan OBGYN (Dr. Olsen) and was very happy.  Dr. Cottingham actually delivered Abby but I was very impressed with her to.  All the doctors I met at the practice seemed to be friendly and answered any and all questions I had, 

For pediatricians I use Dr., Taylor at ABC pediatrics.  I like him as he has been a pediatrician for years and was one for my friend and her sister.  Now they use him for their kids.  He tells you like it is even if it goes against "convention" thinking.  He has been very helpful and takes time to really get to know his patients/families.