Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

S/O Tanning Poll

1.  Do you tan?

2.  How do you tan (Bed/Spray/Lotion)? 

3.  What products do you use.

4.  How long have you tanning (however it may be)?

5.  How often do you tan?

Re: S/O Tanning Poll

• 1.  Do you tan?  not on purpose

2.  How do you tan (Bed/Spray/Lotion)?  n/a 

3.  What products do you use.  sunscreen usually spf 50, but I want to try the 85! 

4.  How long have you tanning (however it may be)?  n/a  I stupidly used tanning beds when I was young.  But it was just a few times.  Used to lay out in the sun too, but try to avoid it now. 

5.  How often do you tan?  n/a

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1.  Do you tan? No

2.  How do you tan (Bed/Spray/Lotion)? Fake Bake

3.  What products do you use. It's a Avon Lotion...I do it for like a week but I get bored with having to lotion up all the time.

4.  How long have you tanning (however it may be)? Never went to a tanning bed in my life. I wear SPF 50 or the baby level. Just never got into the whole tanning thing.

5.  How often do you tan? Never

• 1.  Do you tan? No

3.  What products do you use. just a very high spf

4.  How long have you tanning (however it may be)? I stopped tanning when I turned 18 - but we spent all of our summers outside by the pool and we were always really tan when we were younger.  I started tanning again when I was about 25 - I dyed my hair blonde and was so tan! 

5.  How often do you tan? n/a

Pregnancy Ticker Birthday
  • 1.  Do you tan? rarely

2.  How do you tan (Bed/Spray/Lotion)?  lotion when I'm a whitey, maybe 1 day in the sun if I'm on vacation.

3.  What products do you use.  Jergens stuff

4.  How long have you tanning (however it may be)?  since I was young?  not sure.

5.  How often do you tan?  by sun, maybe one day per year.

• 1.  Do you tan?  Will my skin tan?  Yes.

2.  How do you tan (Bed/Spray/Lotion)?  Nothing now, but I'd like to give my pasty skin a Mystic Tan

3.  What products do you use. Jergens daily lotion (when I remember to use it) and occasionally Mystic Tan during the summer

4.  How long have you tanning (however it may be)? I first started using a tanning bed in high school.  I had a tanning memebership junior year of high school through college.  Then I tanned during the summer for some color up until a few years ago when I became concerned about the damaging effects of it.  Then I switched to Mystic Tan or nothing at all.

5.  How often do you tan?  n/a at the moment

• 1.? Do you tan???No, my skin won't tan. I'm brunette but have the skin of a redhead. ?But at least my risk of skin cancer goes down since I never sit out in the sun, and hopefully I won't have wrinkles when I'm old.

2.? How do you tan (Bed/Spray/Lotion)???Just tried Jergen's lotion a few days ago on my legs. Seems to work OK so far.?

3.? What products do you use.?See #2.

4.? How long have you tanning (however it may be)??n/a

5.? How often do you tan? n/a

• 1.  Do you tan?  No

3.  What products do you use. I use SPF 30 everyday

4.  How long have you tanning (however it may be)?  Used to religously go to tanning beds when I was younger, now I run from the sun

5.  How often do you tan? na

I was reading recently about SPFs and whether the higher number actually protects more and read that The Skin Cancer Foundation says SPF 15 does an excellent job of blocking the UVB rays.  SPF 15 blocks out 93% of UVB, SPF 30 blocks out 97% UVB and SPF 50 blocks 98%, so really not too much of a difference.

• 1.  Do you tan?  Hell no. 

2.  How do you tan (Bed/Spray/Lotion)?  If I do it's a spray on mist

3.  What products do you use.  I just bought a loreal spray on mist but I haven't really be using like I should.  We will see if it works on my ugly legs.  My arms are already dark enough.

4.  How long have you tanning (however it may be)?  I tanned all the time years ago.  Not anymore. 

5.  How often do you tan? n/a

• 1. Yes

2. Beds or sometimes spray if I'm super pale

4. Irregularly for 10 years

5. 2-3 times a year, usually in the dead of winter when I'm desperate for some color.

*I'm bound to have skin cancer. I was a life guard all through high school and college.

• 1.? Do you tan???Yup... call me the devil!?

2.? How do you tan (Bed/Spray/Lotion)???All of the above.. depending on time of year

3.? What products do you use. The jergens lotion at the moment?

4.? How long have you tanning (however it may be)??Since I moved to america.. but never constantly.. i try to during the beginning of the summer but tend to give up, the last time I did it on purpose alot was my wedding.?

5.? How often do you tan??I buy 6 tans and about 3 sprays and they last me 3 or 4 months.?

• 1.  Do you tan? I do hang out by the pool on occasion.  I've stopped going to the tanning bed.

2.  How do you tan (Bed/Spray/Lotion)?  outdoor sunlight; I'm allergic to most lotions and never tried the spray tan before.

3.  What products do you use.  Coppertone sunscreen - one of the few I don't seem to be allergic to.  I loved the Jergens stuff, but after about a week or so of using it, it started to make me itch.

4.  How long have you tanning (however it may be)? I was always out at the pool as a kid.  I started tanning in beds at 16 and I went way too much in college.

5.  How often do you tan? Some weekends by the pool.

I do go to the derm. for a check-up yearly and so far, so good, although my mom recently had melanoma removed from her cheek.

• 1.  Do you tan?  Yes

2.  How do you tan (Bed/Spray/Lotion)?  Tanning Bed--I own a bed

3.  What products do you use.  Various Lotions

4.  How long have you tanning (however it may be)?  On & Off for 10 years

5.  How often do you tan  2-3 Times a Week

• 1.  Do you tan?  only when on vacation or next to a pool

2.  How do you tan (Bed/Spray/Lotion)?  slap on some spf 30 and have several frozen drinks while reading magazines

3.  What products do you use.  whatever spf 30 is on sale

4.  How long have you tanning (however it may be)?  36 years or so

5.  How often do you tan  I don't lay by the pool and vacation nearly as much as i'd like.

• 1.  Do you tan? Never.  I wear sunscreen and stand in the shade when I'm out on the playground

2.  How do you tan (Bed/Spray/Lotion)? 

3.  What products do you use.

4.  How long have you tanning (however it may be)?

5.  How often do you tan?

• 1.  Do you tan? No

2.  How do you tan (Bed/Spray/Lotion)?  N/A

3.  What products do you use. N/A

4.  How long have you tanning (however it may be)? N/A

5.  How often do you tan? N/A

It is SO freaking unhealthy to do this - I am the biggest sunscreen pusher out of all of my friends. It makes me ill to see people do that to themselves.

• 1.  Do you tan? No, not really.

2.  How do you tan (Bed/Spray/Lotion)?  When I do, I use a spray.

3.  What products do you use. Neutrogena spray. I use SPF 30- usually whatever is on sale.

4.  How long have you tanning (however it may be)? I did use a tanning bed a few times in college- I burned the last time I used one and vowed to never set foot in another one.

5.  How often do you tan? Not very!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers