Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

*Faon*

That's a cute idea about tonight, I've been trying to plan our 1st anninversary which is in August.

We don't have time to go away.

What hotel downtown has a rooftop pool?

In my bag: Canon 60D, 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430exii Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: *Faon*

• Thanks; I actually feel kind of silly staying in a hotel in Austin when we live here. I'm worried someone there will ask where we're from!

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/AUSCVHH-Hilton-Austin-Texas/index.do

I researched all the nice hotels in the area, and read a ton of reviews. I liked these reviews the best (though there are always some bad ones mixed in w/ every hotel anywhere.)  I've always had my heart set on staying at the Driskell, but the Trip Advisor reviews steered me away.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Faon, don't feel silly! LOTS of people do that. My parents do it a couple times a year and say they have met other couples doing the same thing. DH and I did it for Valentine's Day a few years ago. Hehe, they will ask you where your from and they are very used to hearing, "Here, we are just having a romantic weekend."
  • ::butting in::  I used to work in the building the Omni Hotel downtown shares, and I know they have a rooftop pool.  Don't know what the guest rooms are like, though.

A couple of months ago, DH & I were in downtown Georgetown taking pics of some friends for their engagement photos.  A very nice lady stopped and asked where we were from.  I felt like a total idiot telling her we live in RR.  Embarrassed

• ::butting in too:: Hey Faon! Its been a while, I know. I've been swamped meetings with our mortgage company, house fixing things, and getting ready for our closing next week. I've also been on vacation for a couple of days....all in all, no nest time lately for me. But that should all change soon! Hope you and your hubby have a great evening!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!