Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

the power of 3

Do you believe the superstition that bad things happen in threes? ?I never really gave much thought to it. ?But now I am just waiting for my 3rd "bad thing" to happen. ?To the point I am paranoid that I am going to come home and my cat is going to be dead.?
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: the power of 3

• If I see two deer cross the road, I always slow down for a third, but other than that, no.

Good luck, I'm still praying for you.

• I've never heard that superstition. 

Hang in there, girl!  You're in all of our thoughts and prayers.

• Absolutely not. 

If you do, go purposefully stub your toe and chalk it up to a mercifully tiny 3rd thing.

Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • I've heard that and there are a lot of people who truly believe that - but most of the time, at any given time, we can think of 3 negative things that have happened in a short period of time. So I don't give it much credit. For instance, I got in a fender bender, hurt my back, and dishwasher broke...so there's 3...but I could also add that my mom lost her job, my baby got a cold, and my cat puked on my carpet...so I guess my point in my rambling is that it's pretty easy to make "3" happen. So don't worry about it. :)
    I got pregnant with PCOS after many years of IF! Thank you Lord! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    m/c 11/2/09
    *in da bag so far: D90|nikon 18-200|50mm f/1.8|sb700*
  • I will think of that but I know I only remember that when the third thing happens.  I know I will forget (which is more often than not) if the second and/or third thing doesn't happen.