Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

an okie moving to your area!

hi ladies,

i am a long time OK nestie and we just found out for sure yesterday that my dh was accepted to Southwestern Seminary... so the house hunt is on!

introducing myself a little... i am a SAHM to our two boys Keith (19m) and Conley (7m)... my dh and i were married 12/05 and he works for his grandfather doing collections/billings and research... his grandpa actually live in Keller so it will be nice that he will be close to his work and not gone on the weekends anymore!

are there any specific neighborhoods you all would recommend looking in for housing? we would LIKE to spend around $100,000-$125,000 and the areas we think we like are North Richland Hills, Haltom City(sp?), and Keller... we are pretty sure we don't want to be right in FTW... any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

TIA!

Re: an okie moving to your area!

• Welcome!

Check out the post below about moving to FW - good info there. Also take into acct distance to school. I spent a ton of time on campus in seminary (though I did not attend SWBTS) and it was so important to live within minutes of school for my sanity. The commute with traffic can be a killer to some areas so come during a weekday and drive it a few times before committing to a place, esp since I'm assuming you will move on after he finishes? They also have great campus housing for students - lots of young families and it is safe, even though the neighborhood might scare you off a bit. It's a little community. Most ex-students I know lived on campus or right off campus.

Good luck!

• Don't know anything about the area you are looking, but just wanted to say welcome to another Okie!  I grew up mostly in Tulsa, went to OSU, and have been down in Texas for about 11 years now.  My parents and in-laws still live up there so we still have connections.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't have any advice for you about that area, but wanted to say welcome from a fellow okie Smile
  • I am showing a client this weekend with your same price range in Keller ISD. There are some great homes out there for the price and Keller is a good school district. www.schoolmatters.com  A few other suggestions are the Saginaw area and the Northwest ISD area. You can get alot of home for your money in those areas!
  • I just saw you are going to be at the Seminary.... I would also look at the Crowley ISD and Burleson ISD areas as well. It is on the South side of Fort Worth and you would face alot less traffic on the south side of Fort Worth.
  • We just bought a house in Keller, and I am really enjoying the area.  It's very family friendly. We don't have any children yet, but I've heard nothing but great things about the school district.  There are a ton of new construction neighborhoods around us. 
  • Again - A fellow Okie says Hello.

I have friends that live in Keller, and North Ft Worth and love the area.  My cousin just bought a house in the area of Huffines Rd and 820.  It is a really nice area.

Good Luck in the house search

• congrats on the acceptance!  btw - sw seminary has an AWESOME daycare!  && now that you're DH is a student you'll be able to get your kids in really easy, if you both are looking into that option.
  • I would avoid Haltom City if at all possible.