Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

do we have a lot of lurkers?

I have 245 views of my post below, and 20 replies. . ?. ? that seems creepy to me that random people could be reading my posts, but not commenting. ?I guess just a reminder that this is the web and it is public. ?
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: do we have a lot of lurkers?

• That or a lot of us with no lives that keep checking back everytime a new post is made. Smile Raising hand...that would be me!!
  • Embarrassed Raising my hand for checking this post more than a few times

But, I have wondered the same thing as you too...  Are you doing OK?

• I should clarify that we check a lot of posts more than once. Didn't want to make light of your posts. 

Been thinking about you. I hope find a way to relax tomorrow during your day of pampering.

• Yeah I re-check posts all the time do. ?I always figured that made up?discrepancy?between?replies?and views. ?But in that post case 20 some?replies?and 240 some views?! ?It just freaked me out a bit. ?Just a reminder that this a public forum. ?

?

but thanks for asking about me. ?I'm ok. ?Trying not to dwell. ??

• I'm guilty of opening posts and not even reading them just to make the "new" symbol go away. I'm sure I did that a few times on the post you mentioned. I hope you don't mind but this post got me curious to what the other post is about so I went ahead and finally read it. I'm so sorry to hear what your going through. I can't imagine how difficult all of this is.
    Ben & Shana - August 27, 2005
  • I've checked probably a dozen times on that post for updates, I am thinking of you, but don't have any insight on the subject at all. I think the count shows how many snoops are on the board (Me being one of them, obviously =))

?

• Just for clarification: ?I don't care if "you all" read any post I write. It was the thought of a complete stranger, like an old?hairy?dude hanging out in his tighty whites, reading about what I am going through that creeped me out. ?

??

• I also check the post to make the new thing go away. I also check out a post and read the replies but sometimes have nothing say so I don't always leave a reply. I also check in from time to time to just read up on everything.
  • image Mira06:

Just for clarification:  I don't care if "you all" read any post I write. It was the thought of a complete stranger, like an old hairy dude hanging out in his tighty whites, reading about what I am going through that creeped me out.  

EEEWWWW!!! That is a visual I didn't need! LOL! I think the respones here are just so you don't have to worry about a hairy dude reading your posts. It just shows that the count could go up easily.
    Ben & Shana - August 27, 2005