North Carolina Nesties

When does patio furniture typically go on sale?

DH and I want to buy a patio set for our deck, but are willing to wait til it goes on clearance. I was thinking that it usually goes on sale at the end of summer, but when would that be? Is that usually August or September?

Re: When does patio furniture typically go on sale?

• when we were searching we found that it really doesn't.  i asked my mom (she works at home depot up north) and basically their company policy is that they'll wait it out til the bitter end and then mark some stuff down...
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Places like Walmart and Target have already clearanced their's out around here to make room for fall stuff and back to school items. The bigger stores just mark them down 30% or so in late July/early august. I don't think I've ever truly seen a "great" sale on patio furniture.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Women are angels. And when someone breaks our wings, well, we simply continue to fly......on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Ovulation Chart

"The idiots on the other boards make me feel like BOTB is a MENSA meeting. It's kind of like how Jerry Springer makes me feel better about my life." ~Bubbalini

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I waited this late last year to shop for patio furniture and came up with nothing.  The stuff that was on "sale" wasn't even priced that great and it was mismatched.  It wasn't worth it.  Needless to say, we didn't find anything!

• it might be worth checking out craigslist.  we got our set about this time last year (maybe a little earlier) and found a set that was purchased at the beginning of the summer and the seller was moving.  we got an unbelievable deal on it!
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • i would start looking now. if you wait too long then there won't be as much selection to pick from.
  • Don't know how much you want to spend but DH and I got a table and four?swivel?chairs from Fireside Casual Living on Capital a few weeks ago and they pretty much had everything on sale like 20-30% off and then they gave us another 10% off on top of that. It wasn't Target/Wal-Mart cheap but its really nice and we got a good deal I think.?

Not sure why they were having a sale or if they still are but can't hurt to check.?

• The last few times I have been in Home Depot, many of their sets have been up to 50% off. It's a "when they're gone, they're gone" type of situation, so I don't know if the sale varies by store/market, but definitely check it out.

Photo by Sweet and Sunny Images

• Home Goods up in Concord Mills had a few benches marked down.
  • Target's is pretty much gone

It seems like the second they mark it down there is nothing left go now if you want something before next year, there isn't much left ?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We got ours at the Old Time Pottery, I've never seen patio furniture for less.We went to the one in Wilmington, but their website says there is one in Charlotte and Greensboro as well. If you're near any of those locations I'd check. You might have to wait until next summer, I don't know if they keep it out year round.

I've never seen a very good sale on it anywhere else. Our lowes leaves it out year round, so they don't really have an incentive to sell it at the end of the summer.