Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

poll! how to put on a bra

i did a similar poll a few years ago, before we had clicky abilities. :) and now i'm curious if bust size has anything to do with method.
[Poll]

Re: poll! how to put on a bra

• I'm so glad that somebody else wonders this stuff too. :)
  • LMAO at go-go gadget arms. You crack me up Smile
  • i wonder about many, many random things. i definitely have an inquisitive nature - always want to know how/why things work.

these numbers are all over the place! i really thought larger busts would hook in front and smaller would hook in back. very interesting...

• Is there going to be a poll about what sizes people think are larger/average/small? 

Because I think I'm average, but I am guessing my small friends would say I'm on the larger end of the spectrum. 

• wow! I am shocked how many hook in the front and move to the back. I don't do that and figure everyone just put them on and hooked in the back.

interesting poll.

• image borah22:

wow! I am shocked how many hook in the front and move to the back. I don't do that and figure everyone just put them on and hooked in the back.

interesting poll.

I hook in the front & shimmy and I was shocked at how many people have go-go-gadget arms!  Big Smile

• image borah22:

wow! I am shocked how many hook in the front and move to the back. I don't do that and figure everyone just put them on and hooked in the back.

me too! 

[and I used to love mr. gadget!]

[IMG]http://tinyurl.com/7trsf2k[/IMG]
    merry everything!
  • image GuavaGal:
    image borah22:

interesting poll.

I hook in the front & shimmy and I was shocked at how many people have go-go-gadget arms!  Big Smile

Ditto. Isn't it simply easier to fasten in the front? I will go-go-gadget to take it off sometimes, but it is easier to see what you are doing. Especially in the morning.

• Gofurr---I have no idea. I am larger busted and have underwire and need to position them just right which I find easier to do BEFORE I hook myself in. I also have just always done is that way. I would think the material would rub or just annoy me to do the other way. I guess I have never really thought to much about it since I have always done is that way.

I suddenly feel like I am talking about a horse or something :)

• image GuavaGal:

Is there going to be a poll about what sizes people think are larger/average/small? 

Because I think I'm average, but I am guessing my small friends would say I'm on the larger end of the spectrum. 

according to the inter nets, the current average bra size in america is 36C. but there are definitely conflicting reports.

• i am very impressed with all the back-hookers. (LOL that sounds sooo bad).

I hook in the front myself - even though i have freekishly long arms and am double jointed in the elbows, i can't do the back hook. 

B&W Photo by Wildhouse Photography

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image GuavaGal:
    image borah22:

interesting poll.

Ditto!

• I hook in the back, leaning forward and then jiggle the girls into their cups and then slide the straps over my shoulders.

~Little Dude's Blog~

~Little Dude's Lil is on the way~

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttfaea1.aspx[/img][/url]
  • image gofurr25:
    image GuavaGal:
    image borah22:

interesting poll.

Ditto. Isn't it simply easier to fasten in the front? I will go-go-gadget to take it off sometimes, but it is easier to see what you are doing. Especially in the morning.

I definitely go-go-gadget to remove my bra.  But that's because I don't have to worry about being coordinated enough to meet the hooks up!

Whoever mentioned underwire:  I wear underwire, too.  But if I try to position myself and then hook behind, I end up getting all out of position while trying to hook the bra.  Maybe it just depends on how you learn?  I am almost positive I hook the way I do (snicker) because that's how my mom taught me.

For several years in college, my favorite bras had the hooks in the front.  It was awesome!

• I hook mine before I put it on, and put it on like a shirt!

For reference, I'm a healthy B hahaha

• image JezcaM:
    image GuavaGal:

Is there going to be a poll about what sizes people think are larger/average/small? 

according to the inter nets, the current average bra size in america is 36C. but there are definitely conflicting reports.

Considering obesity in America, I can't imagine that's actually true.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Interesting poll -- I actually never considered that anyone might hook a back-closure bra from the front and then spin it around! I'm a back-closure person all the way...I think if I were able to turn it around I'd be stretching out the fabric really fast and it wouldn't fit/hold things up right anymore.
  • I am a 38F - I put it on loosely, bend over, shake the girls in, go upright and hook in back.  Then reposition as I was taught at Petticoat Fair.  It is the way that I have always done it.

Married and it feels so good! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • wow.. actually I'm really surprised at how many people hook in the back. I think that would take way more coordination than I possess. Personally I try and buy the front closer bras as much as possible. Much more comfortableSmile