Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

vacation ideas?

DH and I are hoping to take a cheap vacation early in august after I'm done with summer school.  We don't want to do dallas - been there plenty of times.  Do you know of any fun places, preferably drive-able distance that aren't too expensive? 

Re: vacation ideas?

• llizzybllizzyb member
    Sixth Anniversary

DH and I rented a cabin in Beavers Bend in SE Oklahoma early April. It was a good 3 day vacation, and we were able to get a "luxury" cabin without spending too much money. I understand if this isn't quite what you were looking for, some people don't see that as much of a vacation.

You could try Hot Springs, take a road trip over to Memphis and Nashville, or even make the 10 hr drive to a Colo. destination.  Texas Hill Country is pretty, but it might be pretty muggy that time of year. Maybe Santa Fe would be a good option?

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • St. Louis is fun, Kansas City's not a bad drive...I really want to go to Eureka Springs and stay in a cottage...those are all driveable in a day  :)
  • all good ideas!  we'll look into them!  thanks
  • You can come out here to Nashville.  Its about an 8 1/2 hour drive from Shawnee.  We won't be here anymore but I can give you lots of great things to do.
  • kim - I went to nashville when I was young - i remember it was a lot of fun.  I'll run that by zack and may send you an e mail!