Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

wine tasting wording

Hi ladies. I am planning a wine tasting for late summer. I would like guests to each bring a bottle of wine for everyone to sample. I will also provide some wine, and will be making lots of snacks to accompany it all.

I am wondering if you have any ideas for how I could word the invites? I am stuck with how to word the part about asking the guests to bring wine to the party. I've tried googling, but am not having much luck. Everything I am finding is sounding WAY too formal.

Thanks for your help!

Re: wine tasting wording

• I would just say:

Please bring your favorite bottle of wine to add to our tasting menu.

• Percect, thanks. I think I was making it way harder than need be! :)
  • I agree, that sounds good. Your party sounds fun! By the way, you could have a hidden tasting (cover the bottles up and have people take notes while they taste, then vote on their fave, then do a reveal  of the wines at the end.) Just an idea. We did this at the end of our engagement party (bc we were getting married in a vineyard) and it was actually really funny! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like pp's wording.

I saw a great idea for a wine tasting party--set up stations each with two kind of similar wines (like pair two rieslings or two full-bodied reds of any varietals).  Hide the labels with index cards, aluminum foil or bags and put out a card that has both wine names/descriptions on it.  Have guests wander around to the stations guessing which wine goes with which description.  Descriptions are often on the label, in store or online.  This would take some planning if you are asking guests to bring wines but I really liked it because even novices can try to guess which of two wines has blackberry flavors or has a smoky finish.  It keeps people from having to come up with pretentious comments about the bouquet and the mouth feel.  People just guess which is which.