Cleaning & Organizing

Murphy Oil Soap & Dogs

My smaller pug has been having on and off issues with loose stools and vomitting and I just realized it could be from the murphy oil soap I have been using to clean our hardwoods. Has anyone else found this product to bother their dogs? I read that the citrus oil extract makes them sick!

Re: Murphy Oil Soap & Dogs

• Hmmm, I've been using it for years and neither of my dogs have had a problem (they're <20lbs).

Are you letting it dry all the way before you allow your dog back into the room? I'm not sure if that would matter - but I put my dogs outside for a good hour before they're allowed back into the house with freshly moped floors.

• I hate to be Captain Obvious, but have you taken the dog to the vet yet to rule out any issue? There are so many things internally (with the dog) that could cause vomiting and diarrhea.

FWIW, I don't use Murphy's Oil soap ever. My dogs stay in the kitchen during the day and anytime we're gone. I use Mrs. Meyer's cleaner on my floor. It's safe.

• Def. take the dog to the vet. It's not worth risking something more serious. Good luck!