Northern California Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Marriage counseling recs?

One of my friends is having a really rough time with her husband of 3 years. They've got serious issues with trust and communication and she doesn't think they'll ever be able to fix things on their own. She suggested marriage counseling to him, and I guess he's somewhat reluctant but has agreed. So, they agreed that she would compile a list of therapists and let him pick one.

She called me, asking if I knew of anyone good, but I don't. I told her I'd ask around. Any Nesties know of any really good marriage counselors in the East Bay? (they live in Castro Valley and would be willing to go as far down as Fremont, as far north as the southern half of Oakland and out to the Dublin/Pleasanton area). Feel free to PM me if that's more comfortable for you. And TIA!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Marriage counseling recs?

• maybe through their church? I know someone who went through couples counseling through their parish.

HTH

• image Asawa:

maybe through their church? I know someone who went through couples counseling through their parish.

HTH

I don't think they're religious... at least they don't go to church that I know of. But I'll suggest that to her anyway, just in case. Smile

• We were really happy with Paula Christie in Berkeley.  She's great.

• image tarinay:

We were really happy with Paula Christie in Berkeley.  She's great.

Not sure if Berkeley is too far for them. But I'll pass the rec! Thanks!

• I will PM you...my mom is a MFT in Pleasanton. ?I sure love her :) ?Really, she is great!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

PAL/PGAL WelcomeBabyFetus Ticker

• Sure,  hope things work out for your friends.
  • I know someone. He's really really awesome. We had our pre-marital counseling with him. He's a licensed marriage therapist. We worked with him in his San Jose office, but I think he has an office in Oakland too. I'm not sure which days he is in SJ and which days in Oakland.

Gilles Bekaert 

[email protected]

1885 the Alameda, Suite 202
    San Jose, CA 95126

(408) 382-1293

2100 Lakeshore Ave Ste B

Oakland, CA 94606

http://www.therapistfinder.com/TherapistDetail.cfm?id=67682