Northern California Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Cold farro salad recipe and PIP

I have a Greek Orzo salad recipe that I make often and I made it for Father's Day and ate the leftovers for a couple days afterwards. It was so good and easy to just eat right out of the fridge I decided to make it again but with a twist. This time I used farro. Farro is a hearty grain that has a great dense chewy texture when cooked. You have to soak it for up to 8 hours or as directed on the package it comes in before cooking it. It's so worth it though! All I did was add some of the chicken I roasted recently with halved grape tomatoes, cucumber, artichoke hearts and olives. For a dressing I just used olive oil and vinegar with some salt and pepper. Yummmm. I think you could customize this any way you wanted to, you could add onions, blanched green beans, red peppers or whatever! It's a pretty healthy meal that could also be great for a vegetarian.