Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Book Club Blog - Updated

The book club blog has been updated and expanded.  If you have any books you'd like to see on the blog (such as a suggestion for the "Brain Candy" section), please leave it in the post comments section.  

Additonally if you see anything that needs to be corrected, please send it to gloria dot litt at gmail dot com.

http://atxnestiebookclub.wordpress.com

Re: Book Club Blog - Updated

• That's cool that you made a blog for it; didn't know that until today. Does this mean we don't have to be at the current meeting to nominate a book for next time (or 2-3 books from then, if the next ones are already lined up)?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MrsAJLMrsAJL member
    Seventh Anniversary

image Faon:
    That's cool that you made a blog for it; didn't know that until today. Does this mean we don't have to be at the current meeting to nominate a book for next time (or 2-3 books from then, if the next ones are already lined up)?

You know, I don't know. I think the rule still applies and you'll have to be at the meeting to vote and to nominate.   You might ask abbysmom about it since I'm not totally clear on the details.  

I created the blog to keep people updated on what's been read, what to read, and what the book club will be reading.  I prefer websites/blogs for info and thought others might too. I'm glad you like it!

• Hi,

I'm moving to Austin in a couple of weeks and I'd love to participate in the book club if possible.  I love reading and would love to make some new friends in a new town.  :)

If that's okay, would you add me to your evite or let me know who to contact? Thanks!  ([email protected])

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/rwjjpd.jpg[/IMG]
  • can we add the beanfield book back on?  I'd like a chance to vote for it, even if I'm the only one! :)
  • MrsAJLMrsAJL member
    Seventh Anniversary

image aggieoj:
    can we add the beanfield book back on?  I'd like a chance to vote for it, even if I'm the only one! :)

LOL!  Sure!  I'll nominate it again. :)

• image Faon:
    That's cool that you made a blog for it; didn't know that until today. Does this mean we don't have to be at the current meeting to nominate a book for next time (or 2-3 books from then, if the next ones are already lined up)?

I think in the past we've taken nominations at times other than the meeting, but you have to be present at the meeting to vote for a book.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers