Inland Empire Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

i feel icky.

I feel so sick to my stomach.

I opened up my e-mail address that family & close friends use and was surprise to find an e-mail from a guy with the same name as the guy who used to stalk me in HS.

turns out it's the same guy. ??

4 years ago, he even found my address and sent me something in the mail.?

I feel soooo sick - my hands are shaking and I feel like I'm gonna vomit.?

Re: i feel icky.

• Oh my god! That is so not good. What is wrong with people?
  • how scary. :( did you file a restraining order?
  • Brandy - it was filed when I was on Guam...

I doubt I can threaten him with it - -it was almost 15 years ago.

And now the f*cker is in the military, serving his 3rd tour in Iraq. ?I just want him to leave me alone already!?

• omigod. I'm so sorry Leann. What does he want???
  • He just wants to be 'friends because he doesn't know what the future will hold for him since he's in Iraq and all' Oh and, when he gets back stateside, maybe we can meet up?

I think he's trying to get me to feel sorry for him or something.

I almost want to reply - -uhm - when your a$$ gets back from Iraq, you'll be going home to your WIFE and 2 kids.

ok - now I'm passed the freaked out/took me by surprise stage - -I'm pissed! and irritated!?

• And I want to know which one of my 'friends' gave him my e-mail address!!

**Tiff - if he starts calling me at home, I'm gonna need the cops that came over for your weirdo caller!?

• Yeah, that's not cool. You need to tell him on no uncertain terms that he needs to never email, call or otherwise contact you again or you will contact the police. Serving in Iraq or not, he has no reason to harass you.
  • I agree with Melinda. I'm so sorry Leann.
  • You should remind him that you do not want him to contact you again, and if he does, report him to the military. They will take care him for you.
  • Oh, yes! Report him to the military.  That should take care of it. 
  • image 4jewels:
    Oh, yes! Report him to the military.  That should take care of it. 

More specifically you'd have to contact the JAG office or Military Police on whatever base he's stationed at. What branch is he in? Do you know what his home station is? If so, I can look up some info for you. I have more access to Air Force stuff for obvious reasons, but I can see what I can find if he works for one of the other branches.

In all honesty though the Military may not just "take care of it" because of a bunch of different reasons. I've seen some guys get away with some crazy stuff, it depends on his Supervisor, how much danger you are actually in, and whatever legal documentation you actually have showing that you feel he is a danger to you. I'd recomment reporting it to both the base AND the police to make sure your bases are covered, than if he continues to contact you, You'll definitly have a police report to back you up.

• Oh, leann. that is just weird and scary! I really hope he stays away.
  • Thanks everyone!

Melinda - I don't know where he is home stationed at or which branch he is in -but I know for sure he's not in the AF. ?And you're right, sometimes these guys can get away with some crazy stuff - that's what makes it even scarier.

I've e-mailed him back telling him not to contact me anymore. ?And (this is what makes me question if he's really in Iraq) he responded VERY quickly - like within 30 mins. ?I am going to contact my friend who is in the PD on Guam - see if he can help me get some info since the guy & his wife still have family there.

For now, I'm just going to get my 'ducks in a row' - gather as much info as I can, find the contact #, address, etc of who I can call in the military...

Thanks again!?

• image orangeruffles:

Thanks everyone!

Melinda - I don't know where he is home stationed at or which branch he is in -but I know for sure he's not in the AF.  And you're right, sometimes these guys can get away with some crazy stuff - that's what makes it even scarier.
    ~Email me if you want me to look into things for you. If you know what branch I can probably get some contact info for you. Ladydot42 at gmail dot com.

I've e-mailed him back telling him not to contact me anymore.  And (this is what makes me question if he's really in Iraq) he responded VERY quickly - like within 30 mins.
    ~This depends on if he was already at his computer or not. My bro would sometimes get back to me right away and we'd email back and forth for a while.

I am going to contact my friend who is in the PD on Guam - see if he can help me get some info since the guy & his wife still have family there.

For now, I'm just going to get my 'ducks in a row' - gather as much info as I can, find the contact #, address, etc of who I can call in the military...
    ~Make sure you keep tack of the emails and keep a record if he calls you. You may also want to dig up any documentation you have from your original dealings. You can never have too much documentation.

Thanks again! 

• Melinda - I'll probably e-mail you when I find out which branch.

I've been keeping a folder with copies of his e-mails (from 4 years & the 2 recent ones). ?And I think I still have the weirdo notes & letters he sent me from back in the day back at my parents home.?

this ding-dong has been at it since we were sophomores in HS! Ugh!?

• Ugh. I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Some people need some serious help.