Northern California Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

feeling down about our living situation

While K is happy as a clam at grammas and DH is remaining positive - im SO. DONE. I want my space back. I want to be on our own again.?

The main thing that is making me frustrated is not knowing where we are going to live. There are ups & downs to everywhere we're looking to buy.

I dont know what to do other than hope stuff comes together. We've talked about renting a little place where we're at so that at least we get our own space back but?that?means two things: moving one EXTRA time and saving will take a bit longer.

:-/?

Re: feeling down about our living situation

• Oh I know exactly how you feel.  DH and I had to live with my parents for almost 8 months while waiting for our house to be done.  It sucked!!!  I mean it was super generous of my parents, but not having our own space was so hard.

We tried to take little trips so that we could have some alone time and tried to focus on the bigger picture to keep us motivated.

Do you have any idea how long you will be there?

• We lived with DH's parents for about 9 months before we got our current home. While R loved it, I was DONE after about 2 months. It was a great way to save money, but we ended up going out to eat more (because my MIL's cooking is vomitrotious, and she insists on cooking), and taking weekend trips just to get some time away. It was so worth it in the end though!
    [IMG]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn9/artistgrlpntr/277538_227168477321302_178323105539173_600641_2727705_o.jpg[/IMG]
  • Maybe the extra time it takes to save is worth your sanity? How much longer do you anticipate you'll need to stay with your mom?
  • image CheekyGirl22:

Oh I know exactly how you feel.? DH and I had to live with my parents for almost 8 months while waiting for our house to be done.? It sucked!!!? I mean it was super generous of my parents, but not having our own space was so hard.

We tried to take little trips so that we could have some alone time and tried to focus on the bigger picture to keep us motivated.

Do you have any idea how long you will be there?

Our goal was 6 mos - its been 4.5. ?

• Oh J...I'm so sorry.  I don't have any advice...I'm not sure I could do what you're doing so while it feels to me like you're already there, you'll be leaving soon enough, be strong, hold on...I KNOW that in the same situation, I very well might be rental-searching.  It's so hard.  Can you and DH get a night away (like...OVERNIGHT) sometime soon?  :(  Sorry...

also, maybe try to think and focus on how quickly time does pass.  I know in the midst of it, it is all taking forever, but you have two daughters so I knwo you know that time flies and before you know it, you'll be in a house looking back like hmm, maybe that wasn't so bad...you know what i mean?  Maybe it's like your natural childbirths (which stick with me b/c I'm so in awe of you for it) -- maybe harder and more painful, but worth it to you for the bigger picture and over quickly (relative to your lifetime)...maybe?  :)

Good luck!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image jolynreed:
    We lived with DH's parents for about 9 months before we got our current home. While R loved it, I was DONE after about 2 months. It was a great way to save money, but we ended up going out to eat more (because my MIL's cooking is vomitrotious, and she insists on cooking), and taking weekend trips just to get some time away. It was so worth it in the end though!

vomitrotious?! LOL!?

2 mos is def when I was DONE. and its MY PARENTS. :(?

• image StefandTodd:

Oh J...I'm so sorry.? I don't have any advice...I'm not sure I could do what you're doing so while it feels to me like you're already there, you'll be leaving soon enough, be strong, hold on...I KNOW that in the same situation, I very well might be rental-searching.? It's so hard.? Can you and DH get a night away (like...OVERNIGHT) sometime soon?? :(? Sorry...

also, maybe try to think and focus on how quickly time does pass.? I know in the midst of it, it is all taking forever, but you have two daughters so I knwo you know that time flies and before you know it, you'll be in a house looking back like hmm, maybe that wasn't so bad...you know what i mean?? Maybe it's like your natural childbirths (which stick with me b/c I'm so in awe of you for it) -- maybe harder and more painful, but worth it to you for the bigger picture and over quickly (relative to?your?lifetime)...maybe?? :)

Good luck!!

I agree that if I can stick it out, in hindsight it will be one of those 'wasnt so bad' kind of things. But I can tell its affecting my sanity!! Nat. Childbirth was WAAAAYYYYY faster than this. (plus i had no little to no choice in the matter. :P) lol. But youre right it will be worth it and I am **trying** to keep a 'be strong - hold on a little longer' attitude.

Thankfully my parents are going away for a few days - that'll be nice. We can be home but alone. ?

• image CheekyGirl22:

... I mean it was super generous of my parents, but not having our own space was so hard.

this is the hard part - remaining thankful. I SHOULD be thankful not going crazy. Im there by choice. I need to remember that.?

• image Soon2BmrsMoreno:
    image CheekyGirl22:

... I mean it was super generous of my parents, but not having our own space was so hard.

this is the hard part - remaining thankful. I SHOULD be thankful not going crazy. Im there by choice. I need to remember that. 

Its easier to have perspective when not in the situation.  I dont think I was terribly grateful while living ther LOL.

Good luck and hang in there.  Sounds like you are going to be getting the house to yourself for a few days.  Maybe just a short break will help rejuvinate you to stick it out

• Hang in there J!!! You guys are really working hard to be where you want to be. You'll get there soon!!

~HUGS~

• image mchelga:

Hang in there J!!! You guys are really working hard to be where you want to be. You'll get there soon!!

~HUGS~

Thanks A!! ur the best! :D

• Ugh.  I'm sorry J :( 

I'm really big on having MY very own space and I tend to get moody when I can't escape, so I can imagine how you are feeling (I'm sure not to the extent that you are feeling it though!).  Hang in there!!!!!!!

• Hang in there J!
    Andrew - Turns 3 on March 22!
    [IMG]http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/400236_2291129377746_1834353394_1470454_188576721_n.jpg[/IMG]