Northern California Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

need help for a friend

Hi, I'm a current nor cal knottie who is trying to help out a newly engaged friend.  I posted this on the knot board.

Hello ladies! One of my friends recently got engaged. They are thinking of having their wedding at a relative's house in Freestone. That is near Occidental, Sebastopol, and Santa Rosa. Does anybody have suggestions for places to get rentals, hotels near there, local vendors for cake,flowers, etc.? Any suggestions/ideas are greatly appreciated. I personally am not familiar with the area at all and I think my friend is feeling a little overwhelmed with all the details needed. Also, places to stay away from are helpful as well.

Thanks!!!

Re: need help for a friend

• First tell her to start at Brides 'n Maids on College Ave in Santa Rosa. It is a bridal shop that has been there for about 40 years and they have relationships with a ton of vendors in the area. The owner, Wendy, is a great resource. It helps if your friend does some shopping there (if you buy your wedding gown there she will give you a discount on tuxes and bridesmaids dresses, plus accessories usually). There is a flower place on Pacific Ave that is pretty reputable. For rentals there is Big 4 Rents in Rohnert Park that has decent prices. I didn't use them because we didn't get married in the area but I did use them for a lot of events at the JC. I hope this helps!