Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Stupid Jack and Ron....

I usually always listen to their show on the way to work in the mornings. This morning I turned on the radio and they were playing the 911 call for Billy Mays. His wife was calling when she found him the morning he died.

It was so awful. I don't even want to talk about it. I could not BELIEVE they were broadcasting something like that on the radio!!! They even make jokes about cleaning the bed (where he died) with oxi clean. I thought it was totally inappropriate and disgusting. I wanted to throw up. It was sooo sad to listen to that 911 call. 

Re: Stupid Jack and Ron....

• That is so sad. Unfortunately, it doesn't surprise me of Jack and Ron. I can't stand their show and never ever listen.
    [IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/11h5rv8.jpg[/IMG]
    My world, my heart.

SHOCKER!
  • Ditto what Dani said...

• Unfortunately, it's what a lot of people want. They like hearing the gruesome stuff, even if the majority of us "normal" people think it's awful.

And I like Jack and Ron. But I'm highly biased in my opinion.

Books read in 2012: 49
    my bookshelf!
    Katie (gingerfeathers)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Bloggy
  • that is really sad.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Why would they do that?! Sheesh. Sad.
    [url=http://charmedkindoflife.blogspot.com/].:.Charmed Kind of Life [2.17.13].:.[/url]
  • Ick.  Whoever would want to listen to the panic of a wife who has just found her husband dead is a sick person.

That's also why I stopped listening to Lex and Terry.  They started making fun of Patrick Swayze and even did some type of a 'when will he die?' poll.  I haven't listened since.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That's so sad! I used to listen to them all the time but they get on my nerves now. They act like they know everything and that they are right all the time.

Kaylee & Cole 06.14.08

8/6/11 First 5k! OG&E Expo Run 34:47
    9/3/11 Brookhaven Run 5k 34:18
    9/17/11 Healthy Sooners Fun Run 5k 33:38
    10/15/11 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 33:31
    10/29/11 Monster Dash 5k 32:06 PR!
    11/11/11 Veteran's Day Run 11k in Dallas 1:13:15 Instant PR!
    1/28/12 Texas Half Marathon 2:38:03 Instant PR!
    3/25/12 Earlywine Dash
  • Wow, that's pretty disgusting.  I think there is a lax in judgment when it comes to celebs.  Doesn't make it right by using the excuse "it's what the people want" and its sad that the world has come to that.  Maybe one day someone will say I dont give a rats arce what the people want, we aren't playing it.
    [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/2cz1p2b.jpg[/IMG]
    DannyandAllison's Bio
  • OUKapOUKap member
    Eighth Anniversary
    what station is that? That's gross.
  • image kayleeb:
    That's so sad! I used to listen to them all the time but they get on my nerves now. They act like they know everything and that they are right all the time.

I agree. I usually just listen to my ipod or cds in the car, but occasionally I will listen to them and I usually just end up changing it because they piss me off lol.

That is really sad/sick that they would play that call and make jokes about him though.

• image OUKap:
    what station is that? That's gross.

Kiss FM. 98.9

Books read in 2012: 49
    my bookshelf!
    Katie (gingerfeathers)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Bloggy
  • That is just wrong on so many levels.
  • image gingerfeathers:

Unfortunately, it's what a lot of people want. They like hearing the gruesome stuff, even if the majority of us "normal" people think it's awful.

And I like Jack and Ron. But I'm highly biased in my opinion.

lol I have to be on the same page for the same reason, and it is true. They just give the listeners what they want. There are tons of polls and tests just to figure out what their demo wants!