Minneapolis/St. Paul Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Poll: I will always...

a spin off of yesterday's poll "i will never..."  what will you "always...?"

i will always lie about my weight on my driver's license.

i will always pick family over anything else.

i will always make to-do lists that never actually get crossed off.

Re: Poll: I will always...

• I will always go to the bathroom with the door shut.
  • I will always go to the bathroom with the door shut.

DITTO!

• I will always...

-run

-eat and drink things that I know are bad for me i.e. diet coke, coffeemate, waffle fries, beer (in moderation of course Wink

-be proud of my DH for the person he is

-forget to use sunscreen

-close the door when using the bathroom

-forget something when I travel, usually my toothbrush

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I will always be a vegetarian because meat literally makes me throw up.  I hate throwing up and will do anything to avoid it. 

Tired after a long morning of hiking and swimming.
  • I will always enjoy carbs.

I will always agonize over the perfect gift for DH, even if he doesn't always do the same (right now: decent view, reasonably priced Vikes tix. GAH!).

• I will always be brunette (until I gray that is)

• I will always:

- volunteer with local organizations

- eat chocolate/ice cream/candy/etc.

- love fast food

• ...love art, and want to do art

...be there for my family to the best of my ability

...sing in my car

...wish brownies were calorie/fat free

...think that Audrey Hepburn and Jane Austen are the greatest

...believe in civil rights

...want to travel to a new place

Zuma Zoom
  • I will always

-Use suncreen. I am very very pale (DH jokes that I'm albino..thanks honey) and don't want to burn. I embrace my paleness since even if I'm in the sun I don't tan, only burn, and slather on the sunscreen when I go outside.

• I will always enjoy ice cream, no matter my weight.

I will always be an animal lover.

I will always do my best to maintain a good relationship with my family and DH's family.

I will (most likely) always have a room in my house that is a complete mess.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I will always...

~ T

[center] [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2qu7ipz.jpg[/IMG] [/center]

[center] Our 5 year anniversary trip to Peru. [/center]
  • I will always...

-be an animal rights activist

-miss living in Rome

-have the bug to travel

-strive to improve my mental and physical health

-love chocolate

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/ao51eb.jpg[/IMG]
  • I will always...

-Love and be with DH.   

-Travel whenever possible.

-Mountain bike and snowboard as long as my body can handle it :-)

[center] [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2qu7ipz.jpg[/IMG] [/center]

[center] Our 5 year anniversary trip to Peru. [/center]
  • I will always.... LOVE the filet mignon with gorgonzolla sauce at Phil's Tara Hideaway in Stillwater - SO GOOD! have faith. try to find the good in people even when it is really hard. value and love my family, friends, and my soon-to-be husband.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I will always...

- be faithful to DH & my family, keeping their best interests at heart

- wish my BFF was my next door neighbor although I am her biggest fan for following her dreams

- have a large booty (thanks genetic lottery!)

- think my mom makes the best lasagna, sh*t on a shingle, angel food cake frosting, and divinity in the world

- cherish my Great-Grandma Lil's ring and our summer adventure memories

• image soontobejesseng:

I will always...

- have a large booty (thanks genetic lottery!)

Here here!!!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I think this is just as impossible as "I will never."  :)

You really don't know what will happen.  For every person who says "I will always love my DH," there are people who thought that and then their DHs cheated, or anything like that.  We cannot predict the future.  We certainly cannot predict with 100% confidence what others will do, and we cannot predict what we will do either.

And believing we can have that kind of certainty can actually be harmful, because it allows for a greater devastation if one's certainty is rocked by events.

• I will always...

... lie about my weight on my drivers license!  (good one, fischstickie!)

... work really hard at my relationships

... remember how to say I am sorry

jack | born 9.13.12 at 40w4d | 9 lbs 12 oz | 23 in
    image image
    my puppy loves - chloe & jenson
    pregnancy blog | chart
  • image thedutchgirl:

I think this is just as impossible as "I will never."  :)

You really don't know what will happen.  For every person who says "I will always love my DH," there are people who thought that and then their DHs cheated, or anything like that.  We cannot predict the future.  We certainly cannot predict with 100% confidence what others will do, and we cannot predict what we will do either.

And believing we can have that kind of certainty can actually be harmful, because it allows for a greater devastation if one's certainted is rocked by events.

I had a hard time coming up with anything for this - I agree with what you said and think this is much harder than "I will never".

• image MsJeshka:

I will always

-Use suncreen. I am very very pale (DH jokes that I'm albino..thanks honey) and don't want to burn. I embrace my paleness since even if I'm in the sun I don't tan, only burn, and slather on the sunscreen when I go outside.

This!  I too have embraced my albino-ness Big Smile

• image thedutchgirl:

I think this is just as impossible as "I will never."  :)

And believing we can have that kind of certainty can actually be harmful, because it allows for a greater devastation if one's certainty is rocked by events.

Ditto - my feelings, beliefs, tastes, ebb and flow and some days I really don't feel that I love DH (just for a few moments of extreme frustration - but it is there) or that I would look OK with dyed hair or that maybe I should be honest on my driver's licence (fat chance on that - but it could happen!).

While it may be easier to say there are things we will always do or feelings/beliefs we will always have (certainty is always easier and more comforting than doubt - hello organized religion!), life has a funny way of sticking it to us and challenging us. Sometimes we make it through with our "always" in tact, sometimes we don't.  I think what DutchGirl said about setting ourselves up for greater devestation when our "always" falls through it extremely true. The higher we hold our certainties and beliefs, the futher they have to fall.

• ...lie about my weight on my DL  (I'm surprised this isn't a more popular answer!)

...worry about things that I cannot control

...be a 'family girl'... I'm not really a daddy's girl vs a mommy's girl or anything but I adore my family. (similar to what jesseng said)

...wish things were different between my ILs and us

...want to lose weight (whether it's 20lbs, or 'the last 5' or whatever)

• I will always be myself. That is really the only thing I can say with certainty.
  • I will always...

...miss my sister and wonder what kind of person she would have become if given the chance.

...love and support my H and family to the best of my abilities.

...try to learn from the lessons life hands me.

...work on admitting when I was wrong or made a mistake.

....enjoy ice cream.

• I struggle with the always and never kind of stuff as well, but I will always:

-love my family

-enjoy food and the experience of a good meal

• I will always....

*love my DH no matter what.

*cherish my family.

*have faith.

*believe in love.

*believe that everything happens for a reason.

*LOVE to sing.

• I will always

- hate socks!

- spend every last dime to save one of my pets.

- love McDonalds.

- keep my family number one in my life.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary