Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

stuff to do in Vegas?

We are going to Vegas this weekend with my family, and DH is all freaked out we won't have enough to do.  The last time we were there we didn't have anything planned for an afternoon, went and gambled, and lost all of our money.  So he wants a list of things to do in case we get bored.  sigh.  I told him it will be fine but he wants to be prepared....so.  any ideas for non-gambling stuff to do?

Thanks!!!

Pregnancy Ticker CP 4w1d March '11
Clomid 50mg June '11 - BFN
Clomid 100 mg Oct '11 - BFN
Clomid 150 mg Nov '11 - BFP @9dpo! Beta#1 @10dpo: 22; Beta#2 @12dpo: 67 Beta#3 @18dpo: 1069! EDD 8-16-12
My (mostly) business travel blog

Re: stuff to do in Vegas?

• see a show (the cirque du soleil ones are incredible, especially O), walk around the forum shops at ceasar's palace, hang out by the pool.

ETA: there's a big outlet shopping mall close by.  the shops in the venetian are good, too.

[IMG]http://tinyurl.com/7trsf2k[/IMG]
    merry everything!
  • ah, NM about cirque - I just saw in another post you already have that planned!  honestly, we always just hang by the pool. and maybe have a cocktail or 10.
    [IMG]http://tinyurl.com/7trsf2k[/IMG]
    merry everything!
  • bridegril was going to Vegas and asked for some recs maybe you can get some ideas from her post:   

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/17545299.aspx 

•  Yup.  I had lots of great recommendations...  I am not sure if you have already been there but there is a bar past The Wynn and it is called Peppermill... one side is a diner but the other side is called Fireside Lounge and it is a very cool retro Vegasy Bar.  At the Fashion Show Mall downstairs facing the street there is a Spanish Tapas Bar called Cafe Babareeba and I LOVED the Peach Sangria.  I regret not having a pitcher!!  The food was good but adds up and the tapas servings are of course small so get your fill some place else on food and knock out some Peach Sangria here!!

I forgot how much I LOVED seeing and watching the living statues at Venetian!! 

Take the Monorail from MGM... buy day passes, it limits your walking in the hot sun!!

I am sad I never tried the Mandalay Buffet, LOL...  I have heard from countless people that it is GREAT!

• The Shark Reef in Manadaly Bay if you haven't done it yet. The MAdam Tussud (sp) outside of Venetian. Gondola ride in/outside venetian.

There is an art gallery in Bellagio that has traveling exhibits, I saw Monet master pieces last time.

• Thanks so much!! This is all great info.  DH will have plenty to do if he gets bored  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker CP 4w1d March '11
    Clomid 50mg June '11 - BFN
    Clomid 100 mg Oct '11 - BFN
    Clomid 150 mg Nov '11 - BFP @9dpo! Beta#1 @10dpo: 22; Beta#2 @12dpo: 67 Beta#3 @18dpo: 1069! EDD 8-16-12
    My (mostly) business travel blog