Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

All this wedding talk!

Did you and DH go anywhere after your reception in your dress and tux? To get food or drinks or anything?

Kaylee & Cole 06.14.08

8/6/11 First 5k! OG&E Expo Run 34:47
9/3/11 Brookhaven Run 5k 34:18
9/17/11 Healthy Sooners Fun Run 5k 33:38
10/15/11 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 33:31
10/29/11 Monster Dash 5k 32:06 PR!
11/11/11 Veteran's Day Run 11k in Dallas 1:13:15 Instant PR!
1/28/12 Texas Half Marathon 2:38:03 Instant PR!
3/25/12 Earlywine Dash

Re: All this wedding talk!

• Since a groomsman was returning DH's tux for him and we had to be on a plane at 7 AM, DH actually changed out of his tux near the end of the reception.

We went to 7-11 on the way to the hotel, and I was still in my dress. But I stayed in the car, peeling off my fake eyelashes.

Books read in 2012: 49
    my bookshelf!
    Katie (gingerfeathers)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Bloggy
  • Since we didn't have time to eat at the reception, we were starving! So we went through the drive thru at Arby's in our tux and dress. The lady said "did y'all just get married?" (duh, why else would we be wearing a wedding dress and a tux and have "just married" written on our car?) and we said yes and she said "That's one thing I never want to do again! But good luck to you!" lol, it was pretty funny.

Kaylee & Cole 06.14.08

8/6/11 First 5k! OG&E Expo Run 34:47
    9/3/11 Brookhaven Run 5k 34:18
    9/17/11 Healthy Sooners Fun Run 5k 33:38
    10/15/11 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 33:31
    10/29/11 Monster Dash 5k 32:06 PR!
    11/11/11 Veteran's Day Run 11k in Dallas 1:13:15 Instant PR!
    1/28/12 Texas Half Marathon 2:38:03 Instant PR!
    3/25/12 Earlywine Dash
  •  We went to the bar in the hotel and had a few drinks in our tux/gown.

Army Wife Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We went to the hospital to see my cousin's baby, but I changed as soon as I got there! It was so hot and my dress weighed like 10 lbs.
    [IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/11h5rv8.jpg[/IMG]
    My world, my heart.

SHOCKER!
  • Just to the hotel and we both undressed and put other things on because it was SO hot! Then I begged DH to go to Taco Bell because I was starving!!!!!
  • Yup.  We stayed with our friends at the reception until the reception place made us leave.  We all got into the limo and went to the hotel - the Marriott on NWXpressway. I was in the mood to dance, Russell's seemed inviting and so I spent the rest of the night dancing the night away with two gay guys that kept telling me how gorgeous I looked! DH seemed pretty happy he didn't have to be on the dance floor with me.

We went to Russell's awhile back and man!  I can't believe I went THERE in my fancy wedding dress.  Oh well - it was a great time.

• Just to the hotel suite, noone really saw us, it was after midnight.
  • we went straight to the hotel.  While we were checking in though the hotel lady asked if we had just gotten married.  I told her no, I just like to wear this dress.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • The limo took us straight to the hotel downtown.  It was like an hour drive, we were tired, and just ordered room service.  I was in my going away dress, H was in a polo and khaki shorts.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yep we did sort of.  We didn't get to eat at the reception so I had one of those hungry headaches.  The limo took us through the drive-thru and realized he wasn't going to fit so he just pulled up to the window.  The lady at the window was actually a student of mine, parent so she made us get out and take pics with her.  There was a bus of girls who were coming back from some championship and they all wanted pics.  Not sure why lol.   It was kind of cute.  I finally got food and then got sick.  FYI trying to throw up gracefully in a wedding dress isn't easy. 
    [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/2cz1p2b.jpg[/IMG]
    DannyandAllison's Bio
  • Nope, we just went up to our suite :)

• OUKapOUKap member
    Eighth Anniversary
    We had to stop at a gas station to remove some of the crap that they put on our car. It was raining. When we got to the hotel, we paid the valet to remove the rest.
  • We went to our home bar for a couple of drinks. Felt a tad WT, but we had some people who had to work who couldn't make it to the wedding who meet us up there. Plus, the whole reception went so it was fun!