Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

**clicky poll!** are you still married?

just curious what the numbers are...  :)
[Poll]

Re: **clicky poll!** are you still married?

• Is there a "He's skating on thin ice" option?

J/K... sort of. House stress, Money stress, baby stress and such really getting to me lately.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I wonder who else is the single, never married? I call him DH around here but he's really just my "baby daddy" should I use BD? We've lived in sin over six years and we do plan on getting married. I have a beautiful engagement ring but I insist on losing weight before getting married. And well, that's hard.
  • image Nessia:
    I wonder who else is the single, never married?

I could be wrong, but I think devil_ducky is engaged?  Or at least she got an engagement boat. :)

• JeskaBean (or Jeska_Bean, not sure which it is) is also not married, but not sure if she's even here often enough to see the poll.

• Yup, married married married- its our anniversary today!!
  • Nope.  still single.  Never married.  We took the whole engagement thing off the table for a while.  Too many people asking too many things and trying to get involved in our business.  And going through some rough times.  Taking my Canada trip to determine a few things.
    Bobo says smile!!!!

• image Cristina<3 Whit:
    Yup, married married married- its our anniversary today!!

Happy Anniversary!  Ours was Sunday.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image Devil_Ducky:
    Nope.  still single.  Never married.  We took the whole engagement thing off the table for a while.  Too many people asking too many things and trying to get involved in our business.  And going through some rough times.  Taking my Canada trip to determine a few things.

Boo, I hope everything works out for you two.

• image MrsRosie:

image Devil_Ducky:
    Nope.  still single.  Never married.  We took the whole engagement thing off the table for a while.  Too many people asking too many things and trying to get involved in our business.  And going through some rough times.  Taking my Canada trip to determine a few things.

Boo, I hope everything works out for you two.

Ditto.  I'll be thinking about you.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks guys.  Things just really came to a head with his BFF who is a complete jackass to me.  I finally had enough of him trying to weasel his way in between the two of us and had to step away for a while.  Since then, all sorts of people have been coming forward telling both of us the crap this guy has done to me behind my back, to Duck, etc.  Duck didn't want to believe it until it was all right there in front of him.  So needless to say, there is a lot of hurt and Im no longer on speaking terms with his BFF and Jackass as I will so affectionately call him is no longer welcome around me ever.  Duck is standing by me in this one but its been a rough go for him as well finding out just what all his supposed BFF has done. 
    Bobo says smile!!!!

• Another never married, but I definitely don't consider myself single (selected other). Long story short: got engaged, joined the knot, loved it and made some great friends, relationship went long distance for a while and it was tough, broke/postponed engagement without ending relationship, eventually moved over here as all my knot friends got married and crossed over. We've been together going on 4 years now and are doing great! We definitely plan to marry, but we're not technically engaged, because my ring lives at the bank. Big Smile
  • image Devil_Ducky:
    Thanks guys.  Things just really came to a head with his BFF who is a complete jackass to me.  I finally had enough of him trying to weasel his way in between the two of us and had to step away for a while.  Since then, all sorts of people have been coming forward telling both of us the crap this guy has done to me behind my back, to Duck, etc.  Duck didn't want to believe it until it was all right there in front of him.  So needless to say, there is a lot of hurt and Im no longer on speaking terms with his BFF and Jackass as I will so affectionately call him is no longer welcome around me ever.  Duck is standing by me in this one but its been a rough go for him as well finding out just what all his supposed BFF has done. 

I'm so sorry Sad I've been there. DH has a friend who is just scum of a human being. I am pretty laid back about what DH does and who he hangs out with, but this guy physically makes me nautious. So I know how awful that must be, and how must strain it can put on a relationship. Good luck.

• image Devil_Ducky:
    Thanks guys.  Things just really came to a head with his BFF who is a complete jackass to me.  I finally had enough of him trying to weasel his way in between the two of us and had to step away for a while.  Since then, all sorts of people have been coming forward telling both of us the crap this guy has done to me behind my back, to Duck, etc.  Duck didn't want to believe it until it was all right there in front of him.  So needless to say, there is a lot of hurt and Im no longer on speaking terms with his BFF and Jackass as I will so affectionately call him is no longer welcome around me ever.  Duck is standing by me in this one but its been a rough go for him as well finding out just what all his supposed BFF has done. 

So sorry, D. I've been so crazy busy lately, but stuff is calming down a little. I'm here if you need to talk or just go out and have some fun and forget stuff.

• image Cristina<3 Whit:
    Yup, married married married- its our anniversary today!!

Happy anniversary! Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image ThisGirlInAustin:
    Another never married, but I definitely don't consider myself single (selected other). Long story short: got engaged, joined the knot, loved it and made some great friends, relationship went long distance for a while and it was tough, broke/postponed engagement without ending relationship, eventually moved over here as all my knot friends got married and crossed over. We've been together going on 4 years now and are doing great! We definitely plan to marry, but we're not technically engaged, because my ring lives at the bank. Big Smile

that qualifies as single. like i say to wedding guests - single = no ring.