Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Is this weird?

Neighbor around the corner and neighbor down the street (both around 40 years old) like to periodically stop by to use one of my husband's tools when i'm home alone during the day.  I always open the garage and tell them to use whatever (bc they are friends with H), but they've started coming in the house and staying longer than they should. 

Today they stopped by and I told them I hadn't picked up the house whenever they started to go inside (they always act like they want to see my dogs) and that they should just stay in the garage.  They went in anyway!  I had just done all of my bra/panty laundry and they were hanging all over my utility room...embarrassing. 

I told the one neighbor that it was probably about time he bought his own tools.  He assumed I was kidding, but I wasn't.  It creeps me out b/c they are very flirtatious and a little inappropriate while they're here.  I of course tell H everytime it happens...but still.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Is this weird?

• Um that's really weird. I would be uncomfortable with that for sure. What does your H say?
  • I am sure that pretending you aren't home isn't going to work, but maybe if you did it often enough they would get the hint.  Or ask them to come back when DH is home because he needs somethings for a project you guys are working on.  I would make up anything to not have them stopping by, but creepers bother me A LOT even in small doses.
  • I like Zabeth's ideas. Ick.
    Books read in 2012: 49
    my bookshelf!
    Katie (gingerfeathers)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Bloggy
  • image zabeth9292007:
    I am sure that pretending you aren't home isn't going to work, but maybe if you did it often enough they would get the hint.  Or ask them to come back when DH is home because he needs somethings for a project you guys are working on.  I would make up anything to not have them stopping by, but creepers bother me A LOT even in small doses.

This!  Don't answer the door or tell them B is sleeping and they need to come back later when H is home. 

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/2cz1p2b.jpg[/IMG]
    DannyandAllison's Bio
  • Ooooh that is weird!! I agree-either act like you are not home, or tell them they need to come back when your hubs is home...
  • I totally think it is weird and wouldn't be comfortable with it. I like the ideas in the pps. Maybe your hubs can talk to them about it so you don't have to deal with it anymore. Good luck!
  • I think doing it once or twice is not weird, but when they keep doing it that is werid.  I like Elizabeth's ideas.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • If they need that tool that often, they should just buy their own. Geez.

What does Tyler say? I agree with the pp. Just tell them B is napping.

That would annoy the crap out of me. ?

• Tyler hasn't been very keen on it in the past but i've never really acted like it was a big deal.  Today, I kind of made it a big deal and told him it makes me feel uncomfortable.  I don't think he really knew how to take it, because i'm not the type of girl that EVER feels uncomfortable in a situation...I usually put on my attitude and handle things myself.  So he was just really quiet when we talked about it at dinner.  I'm sure he's conflicted b/c these guys are his buddies and he isn't sure what the proper way to handle it would be. He HATES awkward situations.
  • Maybe you should just *** your leg and fart next time they come over. I'm sure that will ward off any unwanted attention :o)

I'm j/k. I would just put up a baby is sleeping sign and not answer the door.

Also, do these guys have freaking jobs? Why are they home during the day all the time?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Bwahahaha Cati!  I don't know about one neighbor, but the other mooches off of his wife.  So he doesn't have a job really.