Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Girls Night

I'm having a bunch of girls over at my house tonight for a girls night. We are having a hard time trying to get some party games together that we can all do that will help break the ice between each other (they are all from my church and we are wanting to get closer etc). All of the girls are married and at least 21 but we do not want to have a crazy drinking game etc for obvious reasons (church group!) Does anyone have any ideas?

I would love some "fun" games but I dont know all of these girls that well and I dont want them going home to their H's saying, "Wow what a freat!".

Thanks for the help!

TTC Since March 2010
DX: Ovulation Disfunction DH:low volume, but good
3 clomid cycles (50MG - 150 MG): No Response
Femara (5MG) 2/2012: Weak ovulation BFN
Femara (5MG) 3/2012: BFP!!!!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Girls Night

• I think you'll get more help with this on Entertaining Ideas
     Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
  • Thanks!

TTC Since March 2010
  • you should purchase the best game ever - TABOO

• Love the game, and we have the game. I just didnt know if everyone else would as excited about it as I would.

TTC Since March 2010
  • since you don't know them very well, it may be difficult to divy up the teams.

my friends and i are pretty serious about it, so we always have to split up the "all stars", otherwise, you get one team that totally dominates and it's not fun for the other team.

another idea would be to play a couple free for all rounds just to break the ice where everyone guesses - see who the best clue giver is.

• Apples to Apples is an awesome game!!
     Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
  • image Nova726:
    Apples to Apples is an awesome game!!

This is a fun one!  Also Table Topics will get some good discussions started.

My Blog
    We love and miss you Jillian (18w) and Peanut (6w). Welcome to our TAC miracle Jacob!
  • image Nova726:
    Apples to Apples is an awesome game!!

I've never heard of the game, interested though... Whats the jest of it?

TTC Since March 2010
  • Never mind. I googled Apples to Apples. May have to make a run to Wally World. Anymore ideas of something I dont have to run out and buy after work.

My husbands been home all day, so I know I will have to clean once I get home all over again..... Trained him to do laundry, but thats it so far.

TTC Since March 2010
  • SA7206SA7206 member
    Eighth Anniversary 10000 Comments Combo Breaker

I don't think Apples to Apples is that good of a game unless the group knows each other well and everyone has a really good sense of humor.

If the game is played seriously, it's just not that fun.

I really like these:

http://theboxgirls.com/

• Thanks so much for all of the ideas. We ended up trying to play Wii, but one of the remotes wasnt working so we went out and played putt putt which great because we all got several good laughs and got to know one another a little better.

Again thanks for everything!

TTC Since March 2010