Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Q: 1/2 sheet cake from Sam's/Costco

a) Which one is better?

b) How much do they cost?

c) Do you have to order in advance?

Re: Q: 1/2 sheet cake from Sam's/Costco

• I can't answer any of your questions, but they might have info on the website.  I know my family has been pleased with both Costco and Sam's cakes.
    image Thanksgiving, 2011 Amanda & Joe, June 28, 2008 Blog of Randomness BFP 6/10/11; Missed m/c at 5wk6d; D&C 7/18/11, Triploidy BFP 11/24/11, please be our sticky baby pregnant
  • image DoIreallyWantToChangeMyName:

a) Which one is better? Costco

b) How much do they cost? not really sure??  Could call

c) Do you have to order in advance? at least 2 days....

IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Costco
    I think around $25 or less
    Yes and no. Depends on how specific you want your cake. They always have cakes there for pick up, but I am no tsure if you can get it personalized at that point!
  • costco- 16.99 (no tax)  you have to get a filling- cheesecake, chocolate or strawberry mouse.  requires a 24 hour minimum advance order.  i have order forms scanned and saved in my computer, order them ALL.THE.TIME

sam's- you get a choice of whipped icing or buttercream. 

personally i like the sam's whipped icing the best.

• Costco is much better, imo, their cakes are great! I have no idea what the cost it, I always get a ton of other stuff and don't even think to look at the price of just the cake but I don't think more than $20.
  • I've never had Sam's cakes, but Costco's are delicious!  We've also gotten a few cakes from BJ's and they are awesome too...though I think Costco may have the edge there.
  • Costco!!  Their mousse filling is the bombbbbbbbbbbbbbbb! 

We get Sams at work...mmeh.

They are both $25 or less.  Give them at least 2-3 days notice.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • i agree the mousse is good but i just love whipped icing.