D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

re-dip white gold

Anyone have a recommendation for a place to get a white gold ring re-dipped in rhodium? I am in Falls Church near Tysons. Called a couple places and it's $35-$40... is that the going rate?  Bought the ring at Blue Nile so I can't take advantage of "taking it back to the place I bought it" without shipping it off for several weeks...

Re: re-dip white gold

• I know they do it at Jared on Rt. 7, not sure of the cost though.
  • rnin02rnin02
    Eighth Anniversary
    I take mine to Jared all the time (we didn't buy it there) and its about $30.
  • ditto the jared on rt 7. you may have to leave it for a couple hours though, be prepared. i called about that a few months ago (though still haven't taken mine in) and they said it would take about 2 hours.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I take mine to Jared's.  Since I bought my ring there with a warranty, I don't have to pay for it.  I don't think it's that expensive though.  It's great because they do it on sight, unlike other jewelry stores.  I usually drop it off, go eat at a restaurant, and then come back.  You can call ahead to see how long it'll take.  :)