Money Matters

PNC vs. Bank of America

Hey ladies - I don't normally post here but I've gotten some great advice the few times I have so here I am again. 

I know there are not a lot of fans of BOA on this board (as far as I've seen) but I've used them for my checking account and a credit card for years now and never had any problem.  I think their online banking offers a lot of features and I've been happy with their customer service.

That said, my h and I are planning to open a joint checking account shortly.  Do you think its a better idea to stick with the same bank so all the accounts are together or to use a different one or does it not really matter?

We were kind of looking into the PNC virtual wallet (the trio of accounts - checking/short term savings/long term savings) but I don't really know much about PNC either.  Any opinions on them vs. BOA?

TIA!

Re: PNC vs. Bank of America

• If you've never had problems with BoA I'd just stick with them. I've always liked them and it's always easier to keep the same bank, than to switch.
  • image Blessed55:
    If you've never had problems with BoA I'd just stick with them. I've always liked them and it's always easier to keep the same bank, than to switch.

I agree. Some people have had horror stories with BoA, but I've had horror stories with other banks too. I'm also lazy.

• Yeah, I've heard a lot of horror stories about BOA but I have had them for over 10 years and have yet to experience any myself (knock on wood)!
  • I've had an account with PNC for the last 10 years and never had a problem.  That said, I don't understand the need for the Virtual Wallet concept from PNC. You can easily move money from one account to another with any PNC account and we do that now.  The only advantage would be the high-yield savings account part, but they limit the number of checks you can write to three per month and charge a fee if you write more than three.