North Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Kanye West makes me weep for future generations...

Here's why

I particularly disagree on the autograph point. Find me a book that can sign it's own autograph, and I will gladly stand in line with a sharpie.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photo Credit: www.westhousephotography.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Kanye West makes me weep for future generations...

• wow   Huh?

and i do mean wow...not world of warcraft   lol  :)

• I bet his poor mother, God rest her soul, is rolling over in her grave.

West, a college dropout, said being a non-reader was helpful when he wrote his book because it gave him "a childlike purity."

Or, it just makes you stupid. Children aren't pure because their unlearned--they're pure because they're inexperienced with harsh realities.

I read a quote by Flannery O'Connor that was talking about how kids should read the classics...

"And what if the student finds this is not to his taste? Well that is regrettable. Most regrettable. His taste should not be consulted; it is being formed."

And I think that quote basically sums up the problem with pop culture today: they never formed any taste, but instead are under the impression that their whims and half-a$$ed sentiments like, "Get used to being used," are the paragon of wisdom.

• I'm a huge Kanye fan, but him as a person... not so much.  Kanye's music = AWESOME. 
  • image katelaff:
    I'm a huge Kanye fan, but him as a person... not so much.  Kanye's music = AWESOME. 

This.

As a person, I think he's a total moron and waste of space. His ego is disgusting, and he consistently makes himself look arrogant and ignorant.... Not exactly a good combination!

• Tongue Tied What a strange man. I agree with Kate and that his music is great, but I can't believe that he would admit such a stupid thing. Where is that one person that should have knocked upside the head with his bookbag?  
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/20f6ivk.jpg[/IMG]
  • wow. that's special.
  • Did anyone see the Southpark episode that made fun of him...that pretty much sums up how I feel about him.  I like his music, but the guy is just a moron.
  • I particularly like the part where he says that wordy novels show that the author is self-absorbed. Unbelievable.
  • Well, I guess it takes one to know one.
  • I added his last quote to my siggy.  Cause it's oh-so-insightful.
    Mungee and Me
    How is it that my BABY is going to be 3?

BFP-2/25/11; 8 Wk U/S-3/25/11-No HB, measured 6.5 wks; D&C
  • What an idiot...

Did you know that the best way to sell books is to tell them that you hate books and to basically imply that people who read them are idiots?

And the best part of all is his college professor mother who said: "My mom taught me to believe in my flyness and conquer my shyness," wow. that left me speechless.

And from the sound of it, I think that one page article pretty summed up the entire book into three paragraphs. Who buys a 50 page book?

But his music still rocks.