Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Raw food- 2, kibble and cooked- 0

Ione has been with us for a month and a half. 

When we first brought her home, she was very thin, but unlike My former skinny twins, she wasn't much of an eater.  I started her out on her food, and tried ot transition to evo, but I finally tried raw to see if she would eat, and she did.  She still doesn't like anyone watching while she eats, but the second I turn my back, she practically inhales her food.  And I got a little weight on her.

Unfortunately, she got sick this past week, (coccidia, but she's on flagyl and is doing great now), and lost her appetite....and some weight.  I was getting worried, because even though she was feeling better, she turned down cooked chicken, cooked hamburger, rice... everything.  Out of desperation, I decided to try a little raw chicken this morning, (after she turned down cooked food again) and she ate it immediately.  She's been fine all day, and ate a little more when we came home.

I don't think the breeder will want her back if she's going to hold out for raw.lol

Re: Raw food- 2, kibble and cooked- 0

• Ahhh...she is a smart cookie.  She knows what the good stuff is!
    imageimage Run Fast, Run Clean! Dog is my Mantra
  • image lilsheltie:
    Ahhh...she is a smart cookie.? She knows what the good stuff is!

And she knows how to get to stay at the TBM house Stick out tongue?

• That's too funny!   She's a smart cookie! :)
    Love.
  • She definitely knows what she likes.  I hope she is feeling better!
    My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • Ione is one smart girl! She doesn't want any of that kibble stuff! I can't believe that she turned down all the cooked stuff too. Feel better soon, Ione!
  • image meghan0020:
    Ione is one smart girl! She doesn't want any of that kibble stuff! I can't believe that she turned down all the cooked stuff too. Feel better soon, Ione!

Ione says thank you.  We all hope Ace is feeling ok, too.

She did eat something cooked today... just not homecooked.  She ate some of The Loved Dog treats (chicken) that I took to use as bait today, but she had turned those down the other day, too.

• image TheBridesMom:

We all hope Ace is feeling ok, too.

Thanks! He is feeling much better. I'm guessing it was just empty tummy that made him sick.