North Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Re: Twilight (book) lovers

• *confused*

What is this?

• Im guessing its someone's attempt at writing a continuation of the book?!?
  • It's fanfiction. As a former maga-nerd, allow me to enlighten.

Cult classics (like Twilight) usually have a following of would-be authors who think up new stories with the same characters. It's actually a pretty big "community". www.fanfiction.net is one of the bigger servers.

Confession: I used to write Harry Potter fanfiction. I wasn't half bad for a twelve year old...or fifteen year old.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photo Credit: www.westhousephotography.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sweet hagrid, my fanfiction.net account is still active....all my stories are gone though. LAME. They should archive those things...in case I ever needed a reason to relive junior high
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photo Credit: www.westhousephotography.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hahaha!  Awesome.  Rai, I would have loved to read some of your HP fanfiction. 
    Blog

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsjeLIN/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wsjeLIN/weight.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • Ohhhh, I've heard of fan fiction, but I got confused when I read about literacy in other countries.
  • I used to write STTNG fanfic Embarrassed

And yes, that also makes me old.

I don't particularly like fanfic that takes the characters' names and creates a whole different story about them though. There was one going on fanfiction.net with the Twilight characters for a while that was super good, though, but then it just got way toooo disconnected from the story and I quit reading.

• Wow, Rai. Who knew you were so knoeldgeable ... and talented! Ive always loved writing short stories but never thought to extend them based on books Ive read. Very interesting concept. I dont think I'd stick around to read them online though, unless it is a very good continuation. . . Hmm
  • Neat site.  I wish she would just get on with Midnight Sun already...

::sigh::

• Not really a fan-fic fan... I just wish that SM would finish Midnight Sun.