Fashion & Beauty

Do Banana Republic jeans run small?

I own several pairs of jeans, and typically wear a size 6. I bought 2 different jeans yesterday...1 from Ann Taylor in a size 6 and then 1 pair from Banana that were a size 10! Both fit me the same, but the Banana ones are 2 whole sizes up? This is my first pair from BR, so I'm curious if they just run small?
:::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!

Re: Do Banana Republic jeans run small?

• i have 2 pairs- one is a 4 and one is a 6. today i am wearing a pair from ann taylor that is a 4- i went back to get another pair, same cut, and the 4s were too small. i never order jeans online, i always buy them in the store because it varys so much.
  • Banana Republic jean sizes vary a lot, depending on the style.  I have sizes 0, 2 and 4 in different styles.  I typically wear a size 4 (and sometimes a 6) in other brands.
  • They vary, but as a whole, they run larger.  I wear a 2/4 and 26/27 in jeans and am almost always a 0 in BR. 
  • all of mine run large. i wear a 8 (sometimes a 6) or 28-29" and i can fit into a BR 4 with room to spare.
  • I think they run a bit big...try them on first. Mine also stretch easily...something to consider. They are comfortable and I love them!
  • Ditto to the above posts. They run large. I typically wear an 8 in jeans and at I have two pairs of BR jeans in size 6. And they fit good... when I first put them on, but they do stretch out.
    ~ Living the dream! ~ image image image
  • Banana definitely runs large.
    Maybe your jeans were mislabeled.
  • image WeeMo:
    Banana definitely runs large.
    Maybe your jeans were mislabeled.

This has to be what happened then. Because it definitely doesn't make sense for me to be a size 6 in everything else consistently and then suddenly I'm a 10 in this brand. Thanks!

:::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!
  • I think they run larger.  I have a pair of jeans from BR that are a size 4 and my thighs certainly aren't a size 4.