Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Do Banana Republic jeans run small?

I own several pairs of jeans, and typically wear a size 6. I bought 2 different jeans yesterday...1 from Ann Taylor in a size 6 and then 1 pair from Banana that were a size 10! Both fit me the same, but the Banana ones are 2 whole sizes up? This is my first pair from BR, so I'm curious if they just run small?
:::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!

Re: Do Banana Republic jeans run small?

• i have 2 pairs- one is a 4 and one is a 6. today i am wearing a pair from ann taylor that is a 4- i went back to get another pair, same cut, and the 4s were too small. i never order jeans online, i always buy them in the store because it varys so much.
  • Banana Republic jean sizes vary a lot, depending on the style.  I have sizes 0, 2 and 4 in different styles.  I typically wear a size 4 (and sometimes a 6) in other brands.
  • They vary, but as a whole, they run larger.  I wear a 2/4 and 26/27 in jeans and am almost always a 0 in BR. 
  • all of mine run large. i wear a 8 (sometimes a 6) or 28-29" and i can fit into a BR 4 with room to spare.
  • I think they run a bit big...try them on first. Mine also stretch easily...something to consider. They are comfortable and I love them!
  • Ditto to the above posts. They run large. I typically wear an 8 in jeans and at I have two pairs of BR jeans in size 6. And they fit good... when I first put them on, but they do stretch out.
    ~ Living the dream! ~ image image image
  • Banana definitely runs large.
    Maybe your jeans were mislabeled.
  • image WeeMo:
    Banana definitely runs large.
    Maybe your jeans were mislabeled.

This has to be what happened then. Because it definitely doesn't make sense for me to be a size 6 in everything else consistently and then suddenly I'm a 10 in this brand. Thanks!

:::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!
  • I think they run larger.  I have a pair of jeans from BR that are a size 4 and my thighs certainly aren't a size 4.