Inland Empire Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

gift suggestions for 10yr old boy?

dh just called to let me know we are invited to a cw's kids bday party...don't think we will go since it's this sat and i am sick...but still want to give a gift...

what is a good gift for a 10yr old boy?

or if i give a giftcard...what's a good amount?

Thanks

Re: gift suggestions for 10yr old boy?

• does he play sports? anything sports related would probably work.

And since the weather is warming up, you can not go wrong with a beach towel or maybe a water gun.

• I have no idea what 10yr olds play with now. I think you would be better off giving a gc probably one for about $25.
  • Oh that is a toughie! I don't know any 10 year old boys. I would go with a GC. Maybe $20 to toys r us?
  • yeah i am stumped at what to get this boy....i have met him only once...and don't know what he is into at all...

looks like a giftcard will have to do...

• I think it really depends what he likes. Skateboarding, video games, sports, drawing. That's hard if you don't know him.
  • I'd go with a $20 or $25 GC. 

Last month I got my nephew a Target GC for his 9th b-day...He thought he'd hit the jackpot!   He immediately put it in his wallet & he even made some comment like - - hey! i have a Target credit card! hahaha!

I dunno about you, but I think they have some cool Target GC if you go that route Big Smile

• i vaguely remember his mom mentioning him and karate lessons...but i don't see that helping me at all...

oh well...i think i will just swing to target later this week and pick up a gift card so he can buy whatever...pokemon, nerf, hot wheels, nintendo thingamobob he may want...LOL

• I like the squirt gun idea if you want to buy him an actual object. Or a gift card.
  • i might have to check out the supersoakers at target before i pick up a giftcard....dh said something that it was a luau theme and will be in the backyard...so it would be kinda fun if they could use the supersoakers that day....
  • I bought my cousin a supersoaker a few weeks back for his bday. I am pretty sure it was less than $20 at Target.

He loved it and his mom recently texted me to "thank" me. Apparently, he has been getting into alot of trouble with it, wetting neighbors cars, etc.

I guess he really liked it though.

• I have 16 nephew and nieces, actually 20 now that I add my H's nephews. From the age of 23 down to 2. I have long since learned that 10 and over I either just flat out ask them what they want or by a GC. They end up happy, I end up happy. It works! Trust me.

I usually buy a Visa gift card so they can use it anywhere that they take Visa but there is a charge to you. Something like $3-4 dollars. So a $25 dollar card cost $28.

Since you don't know this kid that well I say $20 to $25 is more than enough.

• I have 16 nephew and nieces, actually 20 now that I add my H's nephews. From the age of 23 down to 2. I have long since learned that 10 and over I either just flat out ask them what they want or by a GC. They end up happy, I end up happy. It works! Trust me.

I usually buy a Visa gift card so they can use it anywhere that they take Visa but there is a charge to you. Something like $3-4 dollars. So a $25 dollar card cost $28.

Since you don't know this kid that well I say $20 to $25 is more than enough.

GL!