Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Lifetime Fitness members...

OK - we did our trial run this weekend w/ a guest pass and are debating about joining.  We would probably do the family membership, although DH wouldn't really use the gym too much since he has a group he works out with already. 

If you are a member, do you feel it's worth the money?  I am just having a hard time deciding if I think it's worth it or not.  Great facilities and tons included but when I think of the reality of it all, I wonder how much I'll really use it.  I'd love to use the pool this summer and would probably work out 3 times per week.  Guess I'm trying to decide if I feel I'll be getting my $$ worth from it.  

Any thoughts are greatly appreciate!

Re: Lifetime Fitness members...

• When Lifetime first opened we bought the family membership thinking how cool all of the amenities would be to use.  In the 1 1/2 that we were members, we used the pool 0, aerobics 0, cafe 0, and salon once.  DD is too little for the "kids club" activities.  We mainly used the free weights, cardio equipment, and machines.  The aerobics classes that I wanted to take were always so freakin' packed, for a newbie wanting to try the class it was way too overwhelming.  We purchased a 2 year membership to 24 Hour fitness for $250 (bought at Costco).  It's been great.  Again, it's a gym.  No frills.
  • Do they have a summer special where you can join for just the summer months and see how it goes? Is there any option to join and pay per month with no contract? That would be a good way to try it longer to see how much you use it.

PS: I'm not a member but I've looked into it before and ultimately decided it wasn't worth the expense for me. Even when they have a good monthly rate, the other enrollment fees are too high, imo.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Faon:

Do they have a summer special where you can join for just the summer months and see how it goes? Is there any option to join and pay per month with no contract? That would be a good way to try it longer to see how much you use it.

PS: I'm not a member but I've looked into it before and ultimately decided it wasn't worth the expense for me. Even when they have a good monthly rate, the other enrollment fees are too high, imo.

There is a $0 enrollment fee special but you still have to pay $95 for app processing. (Ridiculous, imo.)  There is no contract, so we could cancel anytime.  We could try it out...since there isn't a contract, we could cancel anytime.   I really like that they have childcare.  And if I look at the Y down the street, it's only a little more per month for the family membership.  I don't know.  I just can't decide.  We have friends that go to Lifetime, so we could hang out w/ them at the pool which would be fun.  (We did that this weekend.)  I just can't decide if I really want to bite the bullet and do it.

• if you don't have to sign a contract, I would do it - you can always cancel after a few months.  it's worth it IMO since you mentioned you have friends who are members and you would take advantage of the pool during the summer. 

[IMG]http://tinyurl.com/7trsf2k[/IMG]
    merry everything!
  • I totally think its worth it!  The amenities like towel service and nice showers, steam room in respective dressing rooms alone make it worth it. AND.. for a single girl - I don't feel stalked or heckled there at all.  Love that place.
  • It's worth it to me.  Babytaffy and I have a membership, DH doesn't since he wouldn't use it. It's the only place I've ever left Babytaffy and I feel very safe leaving him there.  I have the benefit of going during off-hours in my psuedo-SAHM world, and I use the child care as a way to give Babytaffy some socialization.  He gets to play with other kids and learn from other adults, while I get two hours of time to myself.  Sometimes I'll use the salon, a lot of times I'll take a 1 hour class and then hit the machines for an hour.  Last week I had a big work project to finish, so I dropped him in the child care and then sat in the cafe with my laptop for two hours (they have free wireless).  We usually hit the pool for an hour after we've had our two hours of separate play time - today I packed a lunch to bring with us and we ate by the pool.    I cut corners in other ways, just to keep my gym membership.