Orange County Nesties

Work Appropriate Theme Days Ideas?

My boss has decided to build up team spirit with this dumb idea to have theme day Thursdays and since every month they pick new facilitators for our team meetings on Thursdays, it is the facilitator's job to decide the theme for the week. Lucky me I'm this month's facilitator and we're starting this new theme day business next week.

All I've been able to come up with is theme parties we did in college for sorority events and none of them are work appropriate. Does anyone have any ideas? I guess I could always just do Hawaiian Shirt day or crazy hat day. Dumbest idea ever!

Re: Work Appropriate Theme Days Ideas?

• You could do 70's or 80's day???

The strongest little girl I know

An Angel in the Making - Allie's Journey

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• This is straight out of Office Space.

What about Sports Day, where everyone can wear a t-shirt of their favorite sports team?

• image Young_Love:

This is straight out of Office Space.

What about Sports Day, where everyone can wear a t-shirt of their favorite sports team?

It really is...

I asked about Sports day but we still have to somehow pull off the business casual dress code so no tshirts =/

• Wait, they want to do a theme day but still follow the dress code?? That seems a bit counter-intuitive.

Are hats allowed with the dress code? Your crazy hat idea might be your best bet.

• image Lenox0604:

Wait, they want to do a theme day but still follow the dress code?? That seems a bit counter-intuitive.

Are hats allowed with the dress code? Your crazy hat idea might be your best bet.

Yeah now you see my problem...I'm a bit restricted by the dress code.

I think hats would be do-able since you can always take them off...

• I know this is probably boring, but what are your company colors? Maybe have a spirit day where everyone wears the color of your company?

The dress code thing is going to have to change.....there really isn't much you can do without a little more wiggle room.

imagePregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my boss does this. So far we have done 80's day (our whole company participated - fun!) and crazy Hawaiian shirt day.?
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was also going to suggest a day to wear your fave college team shirt or colors.

I'm stuck on ideas. Confused

• I just thought of something a friend of mine did at work. They had this thing where they are trying to go Green and wanted to get rid of  their disposable cups from the breakroom. (wanting to encourage people to bring in their own coffee cups) anyway, they had a competition to see who could decorate their cup the best/craziest way they could. I think they could only use whatever they had at their desk so, there was no need to buy anything from outside. Maybe you could get your co-workers to do something similar?
  • I like the spirit day colors, I'm thinking we could take it a step further and do color days...wear a yellow shirt that kind of thing...

The cup decorating idea might not be bad either...

• image Lilylover77:

I know this is probably boring, but what are your company colors? Maybe have a spirit day where everyone wears the color of your company?

The dress code thing is going to have to change.....there really isn't much you can do without a little more wiggle room.

My company did something similar and to encourage participation they had some employees that went around and gave surprise gift cards to people wearing the corporate logo