Crochet hooks on an airplane?

Does anyone know if this is allowed? I usually don't bring my knitting/crocheting with me cuz i don't want to run the risk that pointy, metallic needles are somehow not allowed. But then i get thru security and wait at my gate and see women knitting and crocheting! Angry

Re: Crochet hooks on an airplane?

• According to the TSA, yes, you can take them with you.

Crochet & knitting needles are considered permitted items. HTH

• Totally allowed. I take knitting needles on all the time. To be safe, though, I never take metal. For knitting, I take bamboo needles, and for crochet, I bought a cheap set of plastic hooks.

I've gone through with 9" bamboo knitting needles, and short, fat, bamboo circular needles, and no one has batted an eye.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Our little Irish rose came to us on March 5, 2010
    Don't drink the water.
    Disclaimer: I am not an MD. Please don't PM me with pregnancy-related questions. Ask your doctor.
  • I have recently flown both domestic and international with metal knitting needles and crochet hooks.  There was no problem with them in my carry on.  The knitting needles were 9" long and size 6.  Crochet hooks are size I.
  • Like the others, I've flown with mine many times in the past year. I used to work for an airline and this was a frequently asked question. Lots of crafty women out there.

• I had no problem getting from the US to Mexico w/ my crochet hook.

HOWEVER, Mexico wouldn't let me bring my crochet hook back to the US.  I got really pissed and DH had to pull me away from the security guy.  GRRR!

Melissa ~ DS Ladik
    image image image
  • You can also take needles for needlework, cross stitch. Just be careful on your scissors. I buy those fold up scissors at Walmart that are 88 cents. Those work great and get through security just fine.
  • Hooks on a Plane!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.  Big Smile

image Visit The Nest! Love to scrapbook!