Omaha Nesties

OPD folks - Devin Crinklaw?

Anyone know Devin Crinklaw?  He's an instructor with Signal 88 and he, and/or his partner in the business, apparently work for OPD ERU.

Anyone have feedback on him or Signal 88?   

I keep an inch and a half guardrail nut on a loop of 550 cord. It's not whiz-bang tactical, but one smack in the grape and it's coloring books for Christmas.

Re: OPD folks - Devin Crinklaw?

• It must be a Monday because I should know what ERU stands for but am not figuring it out today!  Anyway, I am familiar with Signal 88 as my DH occasionally does some PT jobs with them- unless I am mistaken the owner of Signal 88 is a former deputy-   I have no idea who Devin Crinklaw is though- sorry, not much help.        

• image HawkeyeBride04:

It must be a Monday because I should know what ERU stands for but am not figuring it out today!  Anyway, I am familiar with Signal 88 as my DH occasionally does some PT jobs with them- unless I am mistaken the owner of Signal 88 is a former deputy-   I have no idea who Devin Crinklaw is though- sorry, not much help.        

Devin might just be an instructor there, not an owner.  I'm looking at this:
    http://www.signal88security.com/training/Details.aspx?id=16

ERU = Emergency Response Unit (SWAT).  Many cities don't use the "SWAT" moniker for their tactical units (no idea why).

I keep an inch and a half guardrail nut on a loop of 550 cord. It's not whiz-bang tactical, but one smack in the grape and it's coloring books for Christmas.
  • Looks like an interesting course-  I actually didn't realize they offered courses-  when I talk to my DH next I will see if he knows anything more about the instructor.   
  • image HawkeyeBride04:
    Looks like an interesting course-  I actually didn't realize they offered courses-  when I talk to my DH next I will see if he knows anything more about the instructor.   

Cool, thanks. 

A woman I know took the Intermediate Handgun course they offer and really enjoyed it so I thought I'd look into this. 

• We know Devin on a personal and professional basis. He taught my CCW class.  What do you want to know?

• image October30:

We know Devin on a personal and professional basis. He taught my CCW class.  What do you want to know?

Nice guy or a jerk?  Professional or "professional enough" (i.e., good enough not to get fired)?   Would you trust him to run a class with 12 civilians with rifles in a safe, educational manner?

I'm somewhat leery about training in Nebraska after contacting a trainer re: a women's class and got a very chauvinist answer.   

The fact you know him and have trained with him is a good sign.  I don't think you tolerate much BS.  Wink 

•  

Most cities have switched to ERU because of the negative thoughts that SWAT provokes.

• image SIIHPAPP:
    image October30:

We know Devin on a personal and professional basis. He taught my CCW class.  What do you want to know?

Nice guy or a jerk?  Professional or "professional enough" (i.e., good enough not to get fired)?   Would you trust him to run a class with 12 civilians with rifles in a safe, educational manner?

I'm somewhat leery about training in Nebraska after contacting a trainer re: a women's class and got a very chauvinist answer.   

The fact you know him and have trained with him is a good sign.  I don't think you tolerate much BS.  Wink 

Wow! I really don't know how to respond to your questions as they seem kind of out of line.  Devin is certified to teach the class along with the other instructers at Signal 88.  If you don't feel safe in taking a class with 12 other people then you should hire someone to give you the class in private.   I feel like if I give you my opinions of Devin I should email him my opinions of you.  Wink

• image October30:
    image SIIHPAPP:
    image October30:

Wow! I really don't know how to respond to your questions as they seem kind of out of line.  Devin is certified to teach the class along with the other instructers at Signal 88.  If you don't feel safe in taking a class with 12 other people then you should hire someone to give you the class in private.   I feel like if I give you my opinions of Devin I should email him my opinions of you.  Wink

No disrespect is intended towards him or you.

However, there are lots of courses offered by instructors all over the place and occasionally I hear stories that some instructors aren't top notch.   Signal 88 is relatively new in terms of offering these classes to civilians (compared to Gun Site, Thunder Ranch, LFI, etc.). 

As I said, someone else I know personally has taken a class with him and said it was good so I'm just looking for more opinions as I've only heard their one account about a different class. 

I have no issue being on a firing line with other people so long as the range is controlled.  In this case, if he's a bit of a hard-ass, that's good. 

The trainer I contacted that was a bit "off" was not from Signal 88. 

Consider my questions in the context of if I was asking about a college professor.  What was your class like with him?  Would you recommend a close family member to train with him? 

• Then yes, I would recommend that people take a class with him.
  • image October30:
    Then yes, I would recommend that people take a class with him.

Yes

Thanks.  :)