D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

open letter to my toaster oven

Dear Toaster Oven,

First, you suck. You burn my eggo waffles every freaking day no matter what setting I put you on! I have a baby now...I don't have time to watch you to make sure you don't burn my eggo. Also, you are the slowest of the slow. Why does it take you 6 minutes to toast an stupid english muffin??

I had such high hopes for you--you are from Williams-Sonoma, you have lots of fancy buttons, and you're all shiny and look so nice on my countertop. But you suck and if I still had the box and receipt, I'd send you back. You better shape up or I just might throw you out and replace you with something from Wal-Mart!

Regards,

Your owner who is currently eating a burnt, blueberry eggo

Re: open letter to my toaster oven

• ::waves box menacingly at bh's toaster::

Shape up or else....

• I have a love/hate realtionship with our toaster oven. I want a toaster oven for a variety of reasons, ours, as a general rule, drives me crazy.

We bought an inexpensive one from Target and I've been wondering if we should get a more expensive one. Sounds like that won't help. Bummer.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Angry to bad toaster ovens! We also have one that sucks and either burns or undercooks everything (sometimes both at the same time). We got it as a housewarming gift from relatives so felt too guilty to dump it, but I think the statute of living with suckiness has reached its limitations. Sorry to hear the expensive WS one is no better.