D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

The Nest ads crack me up... this is a new one

Underneath my fav of Glam Push Presents (gag) is Britnee Timerberlake's Institute of Home Cooking

Kudos for starting her own business, but somehow I doubt that reading her e-books about spices will make someone a "great cook" who doesn't have to use recipes.  And spelling errors on a company website are inexcusable.

Re: The Nest ads crack me up... this is a new one

• Um, yeah. A couple of years ago, I checked out a book from the library called "How to Cook Without a Book." That sounds remarkably similar what she's doing, except I got my training for free. :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I thought Britney and Justin broke up years ago.
  • image gtown_bride:
    Um, yeah. A couple of years ago, I checked out a book from the library called "How to Cook Without a Book." That sounds remarkably similar what she's doing, except I got my training for free. :)

It doesn't even look like her e-books are like that book you mentioned.  I think I have it... if I remember correctly.   And for $150... is she serious??

I'm not getting the link between what she's teaching and how it helps people not cook food that doesn't taste good.  

• image jenarella:
    I thought Britney and Justin broke up years ago.
    This.
  • I'm confused. She's selling a book about learning to cook without a cookbook? Sounds easier to just use the cookbook, and then remember the recipe.
  • SSW- I think she's directing her business toward those people who want to be like someone who can take some ingredients and put together a fabulous meal off the top of their head and not need recipies.

But- I can't view any of the website other than the home page, so I could be wrong.