Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Simple, pretty toddler spring/ summer dress pattern suggestion?

Anyone have any ideas on what I can make as a toddler dress for the warmer months that's cute but not too difficult?

Please list the brand and item number.... I'll find it (unless you have a link to it... that'd be great).

Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.

Re: Simple, pretty toddler spring/ summer dress pattern suggestion?

• New Look 6881 is a cute little retro, swing type dress.

Butterick 4717 is a simple tank dress. You can pintuck the bodice or add a flounce at the bottom if you want or just the simple tank.

SImplicity 3511 is really cute. I've made it for my daughter. It's a tunic style dress though the pattern can also make a top and pull up pants. Square neck, gathers a little and you can do a flutter cap sleeve or a gathered one.

McCalls 5568 is cute, too. Scoop neck sleeveless little dress that can also makes a top with capris or shorts. This one is next on my list.

Simplicity 2677 is one I made for pinky a few weeks ago. Very summery pattern. I wish they made one for adults. I'd so make one for me.

Click me, click me!
  • Oliver + S

i particuarlly like this one (the birthday party dress)?

• Joann's sells some fabric that has the elastic boddice already made for sundresses (similar to this: but in cute little girl styles). I just finished one today for my nanny girl... hem up the bottom, sew the back shut, sew on ribbons for straps.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic CafeMom Tickers
  • check out  CarlaC has some really good easy to follow patterns. 
  • I just started sewing a few weeks ago and have made both of these.

New Look 6796

McCall's M5560?

I have a few others that look pretty easy once I figure out how to do a zipper :-)

• I don't have a pattern, but if you google "peasant dress" you might be able to find one. I know there are several on Etsy. My MIL made some really cute peasant-style dresses for a friend of mine.  You can use 2 different coordinating fabrics for the bodice & the ruffle around the bottom & sleeves. I wish I had a pic!

Me (34) DH (33) TTC #1 since 09/2003
    Dx: Unexplained IF

12/10 Clomid + IUI #1 - BFN;
    2/11 Clomid + IUI #2 - BFN;
    5/11 Clomid + IUI #3 - BFN;
    8/11 Injectables + TI - BFN;
    10/11 Injectables + IUI - BFN

IVF #1 planned for November 2012

My Bio (work in progress)
    My Blog