Simple, pretty toddler spring/ summer dress pattern suggestion?

Anyone have any ideas on what I can make as a toddler dress for the warmer months that's cute but not too difficult?

Please list the brand and item number.... I'll find it (unless you have a link to it... that'd be great).

Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.

Re: Simple, pretty toddler spring/ summer dress pattern suggestion?

• New Look 6881 is a cute little retro, swing type dress.

Butterick 4717 is a simple tank dress. You can pintuck the bodice or add a flounce at the bottom if you want or just the simple tank.

SImplicity 3511 is really cute. I've made it for my daughter. It's a tunic style dress though the pattern can also make a top and pull up pants. Square neck, gathers a little and you can do a flutter cap sleeve or a gathered one.

McCalls 5568 is cute, too. Scoop neck sleeveless little dress that can also makes a top with capris or shorts. This one is next on my list.

Simplicity 2677 is one I made for pinky a few weeks ago. Very summery pattern. I wish they made one for adults. I'd so make one for me.

Click me, click me!
  • Oliver + S

i particuarlly like this one (the birthday party dress)?

• Joann's sells some fabric that has the elastic boddice already made for sundresses (similar to this: but in cute little girl styles). I just finished one today for my nanny girl... hem up the bottom, sew the back shut, sew on ribbons for straps.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic CafeMom Tickers
  • check out  CarlaC has some really good easy to follow patterns. 
  • I just started sewing a few weeks ago and have made both of these.

New Look 6796

McCall's M5560?

I have a few others that look pretty easy once I figure out how to do a zipper :-)

• I don't have a pattern, but if you google "peasant dress" you might be able to find one. I know there are several on Etsy. My MIL made some really cute peasant-style dresses for a friend of mine.  You can use 2 different coordinating fabrics for the bodice & the ruffle around the bottom & sleeves. I wish I had a pic!

Me (34) DH (33) TTC #1 since 09/2003
    Dx: Unexplained IF

12/10 Clomid + IUI #1 - BFN;
    2/11 Clomid + IUI #2 - BFN;
    5/11 Clomid + IUI #3 - BFN;
    8/11 Injectables + TI - BFN;
    10/11 Injectables + IUI - BFN

IVF #1 planned for November 2012

My Bio (work in progress)
    My Blog