Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I know this has been asked before....

but I need some recs for a good OB in North OKC. I go to an OB near Mercy but I would like to explore my options. She is sooo busy. And she is polite, but not super friendly. Who is yours and why do you like him/her?? THANKS!

Re: I know this has been asked before....

• I've been seeing Dr. Karen Wilkes at Mercy for several years now. I love her! I don't know about her baby-delivering skills, but she's been a great doctor for me. I definitely plan on using her when we have kids. My husband and I did a preconception meeting with her last fall, and she answered all of our questions fully and completely. My husband even thought that she was great, and that's saying alot for him.
  • I see Dr. J. Gregory Cox at Mercy.  I've had several friends who had their babies delivered by him and they highly recommended him.  I really like him.  He's very personable and spends tons of time with me on my visits.  His staff is also super friendly.  They return my calls immediatlely and one of his nurses even called another doctor for us because we were having a hard time getting them to give us results on some blood work. 
  • I totally recommend Dr. Karen Gold.  She is at Integres and has wonderful.  I like her cause she is up front.  No one likes to hear that they need to lose a few pounds for their health and she told me so in a very polite professional way.  Her staff is friendly and the nurse always returns my phone calls ASAP.  Good luck on your search.

• I used to see Dr.Stone at Renaissance Women's Center, she was great!
  • I've been seeing Dr Jennifer Nelson at Lakeside and I love her.  Unfortunately I have to switch drs (since Dr Nelson doesn't deliver and Mercy, and for insurnace reasons we can't deliver at Lakeside), and am going to go to Dr. Karen Wilkes at Mercy - both her and Dr. Julie Hager came highly recommended by Dr. Nelson.
  • Dr. Doeden at Lakeside-she's been recommended by a lot of my nurse friends.  I think that counts for a lot, personally.  I've gone to her the last 6 years and haven't had any complaints.  She has a great bedside manner and she's quick with the whole uncomfortable exam thing. 
  • Dr. Deborah Huff at Lakeside. She is so fantastic. And, FWIW, all the NICU nurses at Integris (when Jude was born) said that they all go to her too.
  • I second the recommendation for Dr. Doeden at Lakeside.  I have been seeing her through this pregnancy and have been very happy with the care I have received from her and the way I have been treated by everyone in her office.  I have found her to be very friendly and she always answers all of my questions thoroughly.  I never feel as though she is trying to rush off to her next appointment, which I did feel with the general practice doctor I was seeing before I was pregnant.