Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Bakery recs-

I'm looking for an inexpensive, but yummy birthday cake.  I've checked out several bakers, but independent people come with higher price tags.  Is there a good bakery in town with reasonable prices?

*Jezca- we are using HEB for cupcakes, but I want to keep looking for cakes.  Thanks!*

Re: Bakery recs-

• I don't know where you live, but have you checked Round Rock Bakery yet? ?I used to get birthday cakes for my friends from them. ?Tastier than a supermarket cake (IMHO), but they won't break the bank.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm not sure what you consider inexpensive, but the last couple of cakes i've gotten have been from Anns Kitchen and have been very yummy. and then there's always Costco, I love their sheet cakes with fillings. yum and cheap!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you need a big sheet cake try costco's. I usually get these for kids parties and always get people people asking where I bought the cake. Last year I did a small round cake with 24 matching cupcakes for no more than 30 for all of it.

For DH's birthday I bought from Central Market and it was really good too.