Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

another Gold's cancellation Q

officially got the new gym to give me a good deal and i'm going this evening to sign up... yea for my monthly cost going down by HALF!

i've drafted my letter to Gold's... but i'm wondering if they notify you that they were going to actually cancel your membership? or did you have to wait until they just stopped charging you? or do i need to specifically request confirmation?

i am sending it certified so i have proof they received it in case something happens... but just wondering if there's anything else i should know!

Re: another Gold's cancellation Q

• They won't notify you. I believe they consider the confirmation you receive by sending it certified as your notice.

Just be prepared to pay one more month of dues before it is cancelled for good. 

• image aj_wed:

Just be prepared to pay one more month of dues before it is cancelled for good. 

For some reason I remember paying 2+ months before they finally cancelled it. They will try to offer you a good deal to stay but we found something that was 1/2 off their price too and since we don't always go like we are suppose to we are happy with our new gym!
    monkey2
  • i think whether you pay one more month or two just depends upon the timing of when you notify them. i *should* only have one more pmt at the end of april...

I guess I could request confirmation in my letter and they will or won't provide it. 

• image flymansWife:

i think whether you pay one more month or two just depends upon the timing of when you notify them.

I agree. We sent our cancellation in the day after a payment was made to give it a full month. So, it just went one more billing cycle and then ended. They never contacted us.

Good luck!

• Good News about Golds! I got a check in the mail for one month's fee. They had charged me twice since I canceled. I knew I was due to pay one more time...they must have caught their mistake and made a note of it. I hadn't even called to dispute the charge yet. Sweet!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image wheninrome:
    Good News about Golds! I got a check in the mail for one month's fee. They had charged me twice since I canceled. I knew I was due to pay one more time...they must have caught their mistake and made a note of it. I hadn't even called to dispute the charge yet. Sweet!

that's good to hear! they're customer service seems so hit or miss!