Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Orioles fabric?

I have this crazy idea to make an O's tote bag (in a perfect world I'd make it this weekend and use it for Opening Day). Unfortunately, I've only been able to find O's fleece fabric online and not anything cotton. Somehow I don't think a fleece bag would be fun in the summertime. Apparently, MLB used to sell cotton fabric, but it has since been discontinued. I found a yard for sale on Ebay, but the person wanted $40 for it. There's no way I'm paying $40 for a yard of fabric!

Anyway, I was hoping that local stores might carry something that I could use. Has anyone seen anything like that out in a store? I've already checked the Joann's by me (Towson) and left empty-handed. They did have Ravens fabric though.

Re: Orioles fabric?

• I know that Walmart (at least the one near me) has a pretty extensive fabric area....and I actually saw some fabric with Obama on it there.  Maybe you could get lucky with the Orioles!
  • JoAnns in Snowden, Columbia area, has tons of sports, there was at least Yankees fabric but I didn't really look much. You could always call there or a JoAnns near you! Also, not sure what you used for your pillow, but JoAnns has 40% off batting plus you can use your 40% coupon on it :)
  • image blondie03:
    I know that Walmart (at least the one near me) has a pretty extensive fabric area....and I actually saw some fabric with Obama on it there.  Maybe you could get lucky with the Orioles!

My dad suggested Walmart as well. Grrr, I haven't been in there in the longest time and I know the hubs is going to give me a hard time for shopping in there.