Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Tell me about costco coupons and rebates. . .

We use MIL's Costco membership b/c she got 2 cards. . .and it seemed silly to buy another membership, but then I intermittently hear from members about rebates and coupons that they get from Costco - is this true - does everyone get this?  do you have to spend a bazillion dollars a year to qualify or are their ridiculous conditions about using them?  i.e. is it worth the cost of a membership to get the perks?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Tell me about costco coupons and rebates. . .

• costco coupons are awesome.  we get them almost monthly, always good stuff in there.

as for rebates, if you are an executive member (pay $100/yr) you get 2% back on most of your purchases (gas and food court do not count).  We have the exec. membership and expect to get a ton back this year, i do the majority of my shopping at costco.

• Ditto Linzee. We are Costco ho's at our house, mostly my H. He gets giddy when the Costco coupons come in the mail, and even giddier when he shops with them.
    With the coupons you can get some really awesome deals. They always have coupons that we use, TP, paper towels, trash bags, body wash, etc. so they are not useless coupons. One shopping trip with coupons and I can save over $30.
    Also, I have the Costco executive membership Am Ex card, and get like 3% back on all Costco purchases, so I really get 5% back.
  • We have received some amazing coupons from Costco for things like electronics, etc.

Then the regular coupons are pretty sweet too.

• image xmaryrickx:
    Ditto Linzee. We are Costco ho's at our house, mostly my H. He gets giddy when the Costco coupons come in the mail, and even giddier when he shops with them.
    With the coupons you can get some really awesome deals. They always have coupons that we use, TP, paper towels, trash bags, body wash, etc. so they are not useless coupons. One shopping trip with coupons and I can save over $30.
    Also, I have the Costco executive membership Am Ex card, and get like 3% back on all Costco purchases, so I really get 5% back.
    does the amex have too be paid off monthly?  we are seriously considering this card, you get money back on gas which is sweet.  right now costco is a cash only store for us which is good.
  • We don't have Costco but even the regular coupons we get at BJs are great.  We definitely use them.
    My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • We always save around $15-30 a trip at Costco with their coupons.  There are always lots of coupons on things we use, and the savings is significant.  From what I understand, you don't need to clip all the coupons anymore.  They will scan one from that coupon booklet, and it will automatically deduct all the coupons off of any qualifying products you buy (this is what our cashier told us last time..haven't tried it yet).
    Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • image lauranne:
    We always save around $15-30 a trip at Costco with their coupons.  There are always lots of coupons on things we use, and the savings is significant.  From what I understand, you don't need to clip all the coupons anymore.  They will scan one from that coupon booklet, and it will automatically deduct all the coupons off of any qualifying products you buy (this is what our cashier told us last time..haven't tried it yet).

This is true, all coupons have the same barcode now.  Problem is that only Arundel Mills keeps a coupon at the register too scan, Columbia does not honor this policy yet, you have to have a coupon booklet with you in order for them to scan it.  I learned this from Stephanie, my favorite cashier at AM Costco.